Headset being a little shit

Turks

Steel Member
First time i've had real scooter trouble in a while, basically, my headset is doing the thing where you tighten it and suddenly the bolt gets well sensitive so if you tighten it the slightest bit it doesn't move orif not gets loose again, i think it might be my ethic headset cap, anyone i've known with an ethic headset has had problems with them but ive took it off and it's still doing it

any suggestions??

emil_rides_street

Steel Member
First time i've had real scooter trouble in a while, basically, my headset is doing the thing where you tighten it and suddenly the bolt gets well sensitive so if you tighten it the slightest bit it doesn't move orif not gets loose again, i think it might be my ethic headset cap, anyone i've known with an ethic headset has had problems with them but ive took it off and it's still doing it

any suggestions??
Just take everything apart whipe the headsets, the cups n stuff. Then make sure the headset is well lubed and bouild it together again.

Had the same problem with my Flavor and my mankind headset and tilts. But i removed the topcap anyways for more streeetzcredz

emil_rides_street

Steel Member
bless bless bless, i'll try it now
hope it'll work out.
if you try and put it together first try without topcap
If it still is so sensitive you must buy a new headset
If not and it only scrapes with a topcap, Use that placingring from a non integrated headset like on the pic as ''topcap'' it keeps the worst dirt out and acts like a spacer
ACROS-Zentrierring-fuer-1-1-8-Steuersatz-2g_b2.jpg

Turks

Steel Member
so i used some cheap version of wd-40 on it and it's defo loosened it up, it was probably the UK's absurd amount of rain that i keep riding in and the fact that i don't think i've ever greased my headset in my entire life that's made it shit tbf, thanks for your help anyway g

emil_rides_street

Steel Member
so i used some cheap version of wd-40 on it and it's defo loosened it up, it was probably the UK's absurd amount of rain that i keep riding in and the fact that i don't think i've ever greased my headset in my entire life that's made it shit tbf, thanks for your help anyway g
ayye good to hear it's workin

no probs fam