My scooter is making some sort of rattling sound!!

Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and decided to make this my first post. So for some time now my scooter has been making this sort of rattling noise, I'm almost certain it is coming from the back wheel. I'm not sure as to whether it is something in the middle of the wheel or whether it is on the outside. My scooter Is a Prodigy 2014 purple. If anyone knows an answer to my issue please drop a reply below.

Thanks

Elliott SR

Bronze member
Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and decided to make this my first post. So for some time now my scooter has been making this sort of rattling noise, I'm almost certain it is coming from the back wheel. I'm not sure as to whether it is something in the middle of the wheel or whether it is on the outside. My scooter Is a Prodigy 2014 purple. If anyone knows an answer to my issue please drop a reply below.

Thanks
Had this problem before (we all have), just tighten the back axle and brake. With an allen wrench, size 5 or 6 metric (no scooter parts that I know of deal in American sizes, and I've dealt with that scooter before so I know) but you might need two, one to keep the bolt steady so it doesn't rotate and not tighten. Tighten it until it's you start to feel it get to the point where you can't go in much farther, and if it still rattles, use a smaller (metric) allen wrench to tighten the brake.

I tightened the bolt on the back wheel as much as I could and I also tightened the brake, nothing has seemed to be fixed. Could it possibly be something in the wheel where the bolt goes through?

majohnson1

Bronze member
Usually the back wheel takes more abuse since you pop off it. Rotating your wheels can mitigate this to some degree. If I have a trashed bearing in one wheel, the other can't be far behind so I do them both.

I put the wheels back on with the new bearings and the scooter doesn't sound any better :( it rattles when I walk aside it, especially on bricks. If you know what else it could be then please tell me. there was also this thin circular bit of metal moving around in the bearing.

Last edited:

Beyond16

Bronze member
When I first got a Razor Ed Dorado, it had a clanking sound on any impact. I thought it was the brake, but removing it didn't help. It turned out to be caused by a big chunk of plastic shoved inside the rear of the deck. The only function of this big plastic part is to hold the two spacers that go on each side of the wheel. I chunked the plastic thing. I think it is actually easier to assembly the rear wheel and spacers with out it. Anyway, no more rattle.