Parents say I'm too old for riding.

Josh Smith

So I was asking my parents if I could order some parts and they said I was too old and not that many kids my age ride scooter. What could I do or say to convince them? I told them there's a lot of riders my age that ride scooters . So any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using The Scooter Resource

Montgomery jensen

Bronze member
just tell them its what you love to do, and that there are plenty of pro riders well into there 20's, also why are your parents buying parts for you, get a job, thats what i did, the second i turned 14, i went out got a job, and bought scooter parts with my first paycheck

Josh Smith

just tell them its what you love to do, and that there are plenty of pro riders well into there 20's, also why are your parents buying parts for you, get a job, thats what i did, the second i turned 14, i went out got a job, and bought scooter parts with my first paycheck
My parents aren't buying the parts... I have a job

Montgomery jensen

Bronze member
then keep on scootering, ignore what they say do what you love

all you do i got to any store and buy an online gift card/visa gift card fill it with you money for bars or what ever else, and buy that shit, order it to a friends house or your own house, the end

Last edited by a moderator:

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
There was a point where my dad kept wanting me to find a new hobby that wasn't scootering. I just kind of went with it not to piss him off so I'd go like golfing and fishing and stuff with him but I'd always end up back on my scooter no matter what. He just began to take notice that scooters were the thing that I really cared about most so he just learned to accept it. So sometimes the best thing to do would just be to keep riding anyways. I can't tell the future but if you just continue to ride and show them it's a passion of yours, they may have a change of heart. All parents only want the best for their children and yours just think that there are better things you could be doing with your life. But just show them what really makes you happy and what gives you a reason to wake up in the morning and they'll most likely learn to accept it. And here I am, an adult, and they still support me and scooters.

Or just smash their faces in with a hammer. Brutal.

Crusty

Bronze member
So I was asking my parents if I could order some parts and they said I was too old and not that many kids my age ride scooter. What could I do or say to convince them? I told them there's a lot of riders my age that ride scooters . So any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using The Scooter Resource
I just turned 43 and still ride flat on scooters.I am also a father of three and would never try to dictate what my kids chose as a hobby/sport unless it was like stupid dangerous.That being said i'm sure youre parents are coming from a place of love.Just be patient with them.Also find a place that takes money orders to order your parts without involving their credit card.

Montgomery jensen

Bronze member
There was a point where my dad kept wanting me to find a new hobby that wasn't scootering. I just kind of went with it not to piss him off so I'd go like golfing and fishing and stuff with him but I'd always end up back on my scooter no matter what. He just began to take notice that scooters were the thing that I really cared about most so he just learned to accept it. So sometimes the best thing to do would just be to keep riding anyways. I can't tell the future but if you just continue to ride and show them it's a passion of yours, they may have a change of heart. All parents only want the best for their children and yours just think that there are better things you could be doing with your life. But just show them what really makes you happy and what gives you a reason to wake up in the morning and they'll most likely learn to accept it. And here I am, an adult, and they still support me and scooters.

Or just smash their faces in with a hammer. Brutal.
"just smash their faces in with a hammer[Brutal]" too brutal

CoryR

Silver Member
I'm 17 and I've been riding harder and harder as my age grows, my parents actually want me to keep riding because I don't do anything else, I even have a biker friend who's 20 that wants to start riding, look how old Dan Barrett and Andrew Broussard are, they don't feel a need to not ride because age

Beyond16

Bronze member
I just turned 57 and I manage to ride twice a day. I even have a full time job now. My parents think it is OK because they know exercise is important, and lots of people my age don't get any.

Sam B

Bronze member
you are doing exercise and having fun whilst doing it, if you are doing something you enjoy stick with it

People need to stop caring what their parents think so much. Your parents approval of what you do means nothing. My parents didn't approve of me going into EMS, and that's my god damn livelyhood! After a while they stopped trying to push me in any other direction because I made it clear that what they said meant nothing to me. That applies for anything in life, whether it's a college major, a job, or a sport.