Probably a stupid predicament:P

Joshprep

I got the Phoenix pro session off of amazon and everything came as expected but when i tighten the wheels so that they don't rotate and stay straight, the deck doesn't rotate well. I'm very new to scooters so it could be an easy fix:)

Elliott SR

Bronze member
I got the Phoenix pro session off of amazon and everything came as expected but when i tighten the wheels so that they don't rotate and stay straight, the deck doesn't rotate well. I'm very new to scooters so it could be an easy fix:)
Are you talking about the wheels or deck? I had (well have because I have put so many new parts on it that the clamp and headset are the only original ones) a Session, and I know it well.

Joshprep

Are you talking about the wheels or deck? I had (well have because I have put so many new parts on it that the clamp and headset are the only original ones) a Session, and I know it well.
Both actually, I got the wheel to stay in place bit my deck doesn't spin which makes it much harder to tailwhip

thealexbuffery

Gold Member
not sure what the problem with your wheel is, but i reckon your deck spinning problem is caused by a tight headset. you could give loosening the headset a tony bit a go and see if that solves the problem

Joshprep

not sure what the problem with your wheel is, but i reckon your deck spinning problem is caused by a tight headset. you could give loosening the headset a tony bit a go and see if that solves the problem
I'll try that but my problem is that when the headset is too loose sometimes the bars turn but the wheel doesn't go with it. (sorry if I'm not being clear)

thealexbuffery

Gold Member
I'll try that but my problem is that when the headset is too loose sometimes the bars turn but the wheel doesn't go with it. (sorry if I'm not being clear)
aah i think i see now
did you have to assemble your scooter when you received it? if you did, you would have had to slide your handlebars onto the fork, and then tighten the clamp which is on the bar. from what you wrote i believe you may think you're tightening/loosening your headset, but actually you're doing that to the clamp on the bar. The headset itself is below the clamp and in the headset cups of the deck

images

basically to tighten your headset, you need to take the bars off and tighten the bolt ontop your fork (as seen in the top left corner in pic above) with an allen key, the same one used for your clamp presumably. The clamp only secures the bar to the fork, you only really loosen it to take the bars off, which is why just the bars spin and the fork stays still when you loosen them clamp bolts

hopefully that made sense, if not just search on youtube 'how to tighten IHC'

Joshprep

aah i think i see now
did you have to assemble your scooter when you received it? if you did, you would have had to slide your handlebars onto the fork, and then tighten the clamp which is on the bar. from what you wrote i believe you may think you're tightening/loosening your headset, but actually you're doing that to the clamp on the bar. The headset itself is below the clamp and in the headset cups of the deck

images

basically to tighten your headset, you need to take the bars off and tighten the bolt ontop your fork (as seen in the top left corner in pic above) with an allen key, the same one used for your clamp presumably. The clamp only secures the bar to the fork, you only really loosen it to take the bars off, which is why just the bars spin and the fork stays still when you loosen them clamp bolts

hopefully that made sense, if not just search on youtube 'how to tighten IHC'

I totally forgot about this thread lol oops. I was just tightening it a little too much. Thanks for helping though.