Proto SCS and Fsa headsset always come loose

Ok so I have a reventon with an fsa headset and a proto scs. I'm running a scorcher fork which means I need a headset spacer. I dont have one right now so I put a circular piece of aluminum I found their and looks like it works fine. After riding for an hour or so it is really loose and can wiggle back and forth. I have that white locktite tape stuff on my screw that goes into my starnut. why does it always come loose????? Should I cut my fork down instead of using a spacer??? Thanks if anyone could help I really need it.

Casey DeHaven

Steel Member
I already have a spacer though and the shit still gets loose its pissing me off
10mm spacer is bigger than the one you, calm down i'm trying to help, if you have a spacer it sits the compression higher up because the fork is longer and it allows the compression to clamp down correctly, go to a bike shop and ask if they have 10mm headset spacers, buy one or two or whatever and it should work

Rbscoot

I have the same exact setup use a washer on top of compression cap about half the diameter of your cap it will distribute the compression evenly

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
I have the same exact setup use a washer on top of compression cap about half the diameter of your cap it will distribute the compression evenly
This thread is 2.5 years old. I really don't think he still has this problem. Check the dates next time.