Tilt Wheels? Or Rivers

Nate_Robertson

Steel Member
Alright so Im getting some new wheels with my Issac Miller Sig Fork and I have always really wanted tilt wheels. Problem is I have seen SOOOOOO many problems with them. How do they hold up? I have seen a lot of dehubbing and chunking on them. If they aren't good Im gonna go with those new Ryan Gould gum colored river glides. They look gnarly.

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Honestly, I don't find one to be better than the other. I ride the Tilt wheels while one of my friends rides the rapids and another friend the glides and they're both amazing. So you really be fine with either one. I've had my Tilt wheels for like 6 months and there is absolutely so sign of breakage/chunking/dehubbing at all. So either I just got a magic pair or other people got defective ones. But as far as I know, Tilt has been pretty good when it comes to replacing wheel. So I would say to give the Tilt wheels a shot but if you're scared of getting a bad pair then go with the rivers.

Nate_Robertson

Steel Member
Honestly, I don't find one to be better than the other. I ride the Tilt wheels while one of my friends rides the rapids and another friend the glides and they're both amazing. So you really be fine with either one. I've had my Tilt wheels for like 6 months and there is absolutely so sign of breakage/chunking/dehubbing at all. So either I just got a magic pair or other people got defective ones. But as far as I know, Tilt has been pretty good when it comes to replacing wheel. So I would say to give the Tilt wheels a shot but if you're scared of getting a bad pair then go with the rivers.
Thanks dude. I think i might go with the rivers cause they come with bearings and thats a plus haha.

Hcc

Silver Member
Apparently if you really wear the TILT wheels in before you start riding hard then you won't have any problems, something to do with the dual urethane or something. One of my TILT wheels started cracking in the PU near the core and looked like it would chunk so I switched my front TILT wheel onto the back and haven't had any problems. TILTs are super fast, faster than Glides but very hard and slippery, just go with what you'd prefer the feel of. If you're someone who constantly chunks/dehubs wheels I'd go for some Rapids.

zach poon

Silver Member
i personally like the heps better, but i had a pair of tilt wheels and dehubbed them :( the only thing about the r goulds and the glides is they dehub and check since the urethane is pretty soft

James Webb

Steel Member
Tilt wheels are by far the best wheels ive ever ridden, they are on another level of how good they feel. ive dehubbed a few but the set im riding now seems to be holding up really well.

Nate_Robertson

Steel Member
I decided and went with the glides. I didn't wanna risk 90 bucks on tilt wheels. Has any one riden the glides and wanna tell me how they are and hold up? I've only rapids

Hcc

Silver Member
I decided and went with the glides. I didn't wanna risk 90 bucks on tilt wheels. Has any one riden the glides and wanna tell me how they are and hold up? I've only rapids
I've only ridden them briefly and the pair I rode were fairly new but they just felt pretty much the same as Grippers except softer, maybe too soft for some people's liking. I liked them though and wish Heps sigs had been Glides haha.

Hcc

Silver Member
Do they dehub easy? And is river good on their warrenty
Their warranty is good, same as Protos but I'm not sure how long exactly it would take to get a pair back. They don't dehub that easy from what I've seen, just depends on how hard a rider you are and id suggest wearing them in for a while.

BeeFrew

Silver Member
I've ridden my tilts for like 6 months now and had no problems. dont ride sketchy and any wheel will last.

however, tilt and river are good. You are supporting a great company either way so its pretty much up to you.