Tsi Sledge

Alright so I just got my Tsi sledge. Well worth the 250 dollars. The thing is a fucking dream. I used to have a thresh, then switched to a helmeri, and now a sledge. The deck is absolutely amazing. Wallrides don't scrape either. If you like tsi and their parts and you've wanted to get a new wider deck, Sledge. That's the only option. The dropouts are perfect for 5-0's as well.

BenJelinek

Administrator
Staff member
glad you like it man, its a completely different deck from the thresh, it just kinda looks the same.

TomK

Super Moderator
Staff member
glad you like it man, its a completely different deck from the thresh, it just kinda looks the same.
Do you have one? I am curious about how the weight feels compared to a thresh? Like are whips weighted really different and what not.

BenJelinek

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have one? I am curious about how the weight feels compared to a thresh? Like are whips weighted really different and what not.
I've ridden KC's and Chase robertsons and they both feel a lot better balanced. I already liked the balance point on my 22 but this ones even better. I don't really know what matt did to make it like that but its a lot more evenly dsitributed now.

TomK

Super Moderator
Staff member
just wondering, why is it $40-$50 more than a regular threshold??

The sledge definitely uses more material than the Threshold(Wider extrusion, new one piece T plate) and the price difference is probably to help cover the costs of the new die required for the 5" extrusion, which is probably around $1500 per die plus whatever design cost was, and only lasts a few months or less depending on how much material they extrude. So there is definitely a reason for the price increase, but most of it is probably just because they kinda hold a monopoly over the 5" deck market for now, so they can charge more.

Madis

Super Geek
Staff member
5 inch decks are sooooo fat, how do you guys ridem? I like the idea for a cruiser, but then again, I'm no money man.
I like the fact that transfers and drops are way easier for your feet & ankles since the 5" deck gives so much more surface to distribute all your weight during an impact compared to the regular 4.5" decks. So far I've discovered myself in situations where the bottom of my foot/feet hurt after a harder impact / a bigger drop on my Hammerhead where it didn't use to do that when I was using my 5-wide FlowMaster.

And somehow, wider decks provide more stable fakies. I don't know why, but they do.

notaek

Steel Member
my hammerhead has a fat crack in it so I copped a kc sig, stoked to try five wide

Last edited:

Beck Dobrzanski

Steel Member
Best deck I've ever ridden by far, super good for any types of grinds. This deck locks into 50-50s, 5-0s, hurricanes, and fakie feebles super well due to the huge dropouts.

Joe sandrez

Steel Member
what it like for whips and such as I am very keen on finger whips, heel rewinds, bar whips and 3 whips. especially compared to a 22.5 pandemonium. However id probably get 21.25 in this .