Weird sound.

Eveland

Hello

I'm sorry if the thread is in the wrong category and if my English isn't that great..
I'm using an Oxelo MF3.6 V4 (French brand,sold by Decathlon (Only stores in Europe). So i guess American guys won't know the brand.)
It has a Topscrew HIC compression with a Quad Clamp
Recently a weird sound started to come.
The looser the Compression bolt is,the less i hear the sound.. (But as you guys know,a loose compression isn't nice to have) And the tighter the Compression bolt is,the more i hear the sound..
Any tips what i can do? Tried regreasing the headset and so on.. Nothing helped.

https: // youtu .be /vtM39kDXAmk (Video with the sound)

Fubi

Steel Member
clean your headtube, there might be some dirt in there. Greasing your headset is unnecessary if you`ve got sealed bearings

parrish

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of a sound is it? If it really bothers you I guess you could try to fix it, but if your scooter stays dialed its probably just your headset creaking or something which is fine.

christianewing

Steel Member
Is it a cracking noise when you move the bars back and forth or a creek when you spin the deck around?

If its a crack when you move the bars back and forth its the clamp not being tight enough or your compression isn't tight enough. If your clamp isn't getting tight enough and its as tight as you can get it it might be time for a new one or, make sure your slit on the bars is tall enough to be working properly. Yes, that is possible.

If its a creek when you spin the deck around its your headset being tight and the bearings not being greased enough. Usually if this happens to me at the shop its from bearings not being greased correctly. Sealed bearings aren't completely sealed, you can still get grease in the actual bearings themselves. I pack grease into the slot all the way around with my fingers and then put the scooter completely back together and spin the deck around as fast as I can in both directions and the noise is gone.

Hope that helps you!