Adobe Illustrator Graphics

Who else on here uses it?

Here is a sample of a current project I'm doing.

Owl-face_zps9cf14de8.jpg

CoryR

Silver Member
we use this in Tech Arts to set up a design our laser engraving for stuff we want to engrave, my friend filled a 6x10 piece of wood with random designs he made, but i suck at it so i just put a logo on mine :)

Bear Grylls

M3MB3R
we use this in Tech Arts to set up a design our laser engraving for stuff we want to engrave, my friend filled a 6x10 piece of wood with random designs he made, but i suck at it so i just put a logo on mine :)

I did the same thing, used illustrator to set up a lazer cutter file.

Scooterzone just got a lazer engraving machine, I may hit up darger and see what we can do with it next time were bored haha.

Ill post up more stuff tomorrow most likely.

J dub

Bronze member
I'm more of a CorelDraw fan myself, once I tried Corel, I hardly ever touch Adobe products myself.

Good illustration there, I like it.

cory

Steel Member
The wings are a bit disproportioned but you got a sick style going. Id like to see the finished product.

Yeah I got you.

I don't go into detail much like I had done on the face when I'm just sketching the rest of the body.

The right wing is goofy but I just put it all there for some reference =)

JCott

Tr0ll
this thing looks like its all just patched over the real image. if not, how did you do it?

I sketched a rough outline, scanned it at 600dpi, and put it into illustrator with a low opacity.

The original sketch I made is nowhere near the level of detail that I can get with the pen tool and making vectors with the pen tool.

Basically 2% of the work was getting the sketch done, the other 98% is using the pen tool and managing my layers.

Just about every line in it is an arc from the pen tool except for the pupil and lighting in the eye.

Sketch>>Outline>>Vector