Bar "Ting"-ing Sound

readybmxer

Bronze member
Hey, all. Let's see if this place is still dead. XD

Recently I got an Affinity T-Bar in HIC, oversized. After putting it on, I noticed that sometimes when I land, there's a little "ting" noise when I hit the ground. With my old bars (stock MGP DDAM bars), this never happened. Is it just the way the bars tend to flex slightly? They are three inches taller and two inches wider, so is it some of the added strain on the headset causing this noise? It's coming from the headset/clamp area.

I have changed nothing else on the scoot, just these bars. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Fubi

Steel Member
from my experience this happens when your clamp isnt tighened all the way. But then again, i've never had this issue when riding HIC. Did you have to stretch your clamp to fit in your bars?

readybmxer

Bronze member
from my experience this happens when your clamp isnt tighened all the way. But then again, i've never had this issue when riding HIC. Did you have to stretch your clamp to fit in your bars?
Hey, thanks for the reply! I fixed the issue, thankfully. :)

I believe it was indeed my clamp. While I didn't need to stretch it at all to fit, the clamp bolts haven't been greased in around two years, pretty much from the time I got my clamp, a Phase Two double clamp. My guess is that when I proceeded to install this clamp on my new bars, it sort of "messed up" the position of the bolts that have been ridden without needing to remove my bars ever, causing a disturbance since I haven't maintained the clamp. Once I cleaned and relibricated everything, it tightened very smoothly and it's dialed now.

Thanks!