Death Grips

.Gerrit

ya boy boo radley
Staff member
In the past year, they've released probably the three best hiphop albums/mixtapes. Exmilitary, Money Store (my personal choice for hiphop aoty), and as of a week ago, No Love Deep Web. It's the hardest and darkest rap shit/instrumental hiphop around.

tylerbillman

Steel Member
Death Grips is the motherfucking shit. Best new band out right now. Such an individual, hard, and catchy style. I. Fucking. Love. Them.
All I've been listening to for weeks now. I can't get enough.
Hopefully I'll be seeing them soon, they're going to a music festival in the Appalachians sometime, me and my little bro REALLY want to go.

And another thing, these guys have an incredibly progressive mindset and philosophy. They're gonna go places.

.Gerrit

ya boy boo radley
Staff member
These dudes are such a joke in my opinion.

Like ofwgkta isn't a joke. These guys are going to be a giant influence in hip hop soon. It's not gibberish, it's just MC Ride's massive sick flow. If you actually listen or pay attention to the lyrics, it's a lot deeper than the majority of artists. Also:
"abraxas, hydroplane, massive
catch this flight flow
rainin madness
mastered mine and laced
the ave wit black cat fish tailin waves of stratus
curb right ta far left lane"

wat. How do you even make this stuff up.

NickTrella

Bronze member
First time I listened to a few songs I thought "hey these beats are sick but the guys accent is just ruining it"

But after listening to it more, they are pretty good just really unique.

tylerbillman

Steel Member
These dudes are such a joke in my opinion.

i can't see the good in them, its gibberish over a beat

Can I slap both of you? Tyler do you even know who the fuck Zach Hill is? One of the best goddamn drummers of the modern era of music and he's one of the most creative musicians out there now as well. The dude does everything.
You have to realize what these guys are doing as a band in hiphop. They are taking it in a direction similar to the direction punk took rock music. Rock became soft and overly technical. Punk simplified it, sped it up, and took the establishment for a fucking ride. Hiphop has become generic, soft, and uncreative. Death Grips is taking hiphop to darker places, they are taking hiphop to harder places, they are taking hiphop to much, much more creative places. Tyler and David, sit down and listen to one of their albums through and read the lyrics at the same time. You can even just do it with one song. MC Ride's lyrics are incredibly poetic and much deeper than it seems. Sure they're hard as fuck and probably not for everyone, especially with how hiphop has stunted everyone's minds lately, but give them a chance.

On another note, Death Grips, Flying Lotus, and others, LIVE, right now here:

http://www.npr.org/event/music/162289032/npr-music-live-from-cmj

tylerbillman

Steel Member
I want to go to one of these guys' shows soooooo badly. Their outlook on music and perspective in life is so inspiring, they're a bunch of driven guys with future-forward attitudes, I can't get enough of it.

tylerbillman

Steel Member
They're really fucking good, I love all their stuff exmillitary was by far the best imo

I'm starting to feel that more and more. Culture Shock and Beware are my favorite songs from them, half because of the beats and also half because of the lyrics. Those are two of their best lyrical songs for sure.

IRideATSIThreshhold

Bronze member
I'm starting to feel that more and more. Culture Shock and Beware are my favorite songs from them, half because of the beats and also half because of the lyrics. Those are two of their best lyrical songs for sure.

Culture shock is the best song in that album, what am i saying, they're all bad ass.

A

aaliyahsharma30

Hello guys that for this post and thanks for share the links.