District Helmeri Sig Deck?

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
Anyone ride one yet? Thinking about maybe getting one for Christmas to replace my V2i, the wide ass deck seems appealing.

BenJelinek

Administrator
Staff member
They look really good. Huge improvement. I have seen one up close not on a scooter and in comparison to a v2i it has a matte finish, 4.75 wide, same exact length, extremely wide dropouts, and a steeper headtube angle.

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
They look really good. Huge improvement. I have seen one up close not on a scooter and in comparison to a v2i it has a matte finish, 4.75 wide, same exact length, extremely wide dropouts, and a steeper headtube angle.

Yeah I know about all the specs and everything, I was hoping to hear some first hand experience on how they ride, how the concave feels, if there's any quality control issues, etc. I can imagine 50-50s are a fucking breeze though.

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
~20.5" feels too short for 4.75"? Plus I'm not really worried about how it grinds, I can grind a V2i fine my problem is my massive feet hang off of it and I find it impossible to not heeldrag.

BenJelinek

Administrator
Staff member
like i said its the same exact length of a v2i and they feel long enough.. 4.25 to me felt too skinny for their length. they are plenty long

billyllama14

Bronze member
I feel so confident riding this wider deck, i've had it for about a week and i love it. 50-50s are nothing and the width is beautiful. i was riding an ethic lindworm and i much prefer this, nothing wrong with it so far

Hep Greg

Administrator
i rode one for the first time this weekend, they are really short. bummed about it, thought it would feel better.

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
i rode one for the first time this weekend, they are really short. bummed about it, thought it would feel better.
Short feeling compared to a Thresh though. The Threshold has a much longer neck than most decks on the market, so the overall length is greater than that of the District. Deck length on the Helmeri sig comes in at 20.5", only .1" shorter than your sig Thresh.

zach poon

Silver Member
Its 4.75 wide right? I feel a dack that wide shouldnt be that short. I'm riding an addict though very different feel then a district

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
Welp, I got one and put it on, and it is niiiiiice. Doesn't feel short to me at all, but I'm used to riding a V2i anyway. Love the width though.