Does Tilt Nimbus come with an integrated starnut?

Mercury

Or no starnut at all?
I'm confused. Tilt's official webpage says that it "eliminates the need for a star nut" but multiple reviews say that it just has an integrated starnut.

Fubi

Steel Member
the only thing i din't like about the tilt forks is that they grind down a little faster than other forks i've rode. I've had a tilt legacy and grinded it down till i could't use the stock tilt axle anymore. But the internal threads will last longer than a starnut. If you take good care of it, of course :D

Mercury

the only thing i din't like about the tilt forks is that they grind down a little faster than other forks i've rode. I've had a tilt legacy and grinded it down till i could't use the stock tilt axle anymore. But the internal threads will last longer than a starnut. If you take good care of it, of course :D
Well BMX has adopted the internal thread system and I've never heard anybody having any problems with it. I hate starnuts with a passion so I'm looking for an alternative and Tilt forks do look really sturdy and without starnuts so I think I'm gonna try them. :D
Can you tell me if Tilt Nimbus and SCS would work on a Phoenix Sequel deck?

Mercury

yeah, that should work.
Which one would you recommend, the Legacy or Nimbus? Do you need to buy a separate crown race for the Nimbus or does it come with one? Bombarding with questions cause I'm totally inexperienced. :D

Last edited:

Fubi

Steel Member
i believe the nimbus has an integrated crown race. both forks are equally good, you should buy the one that looks better to you.

Mercury

i believe the nimbus has an integrated crown race. both forks are equally good, you should buy the one that looks better to you.
Which one do YOU prefer? :p
It seems to me that with Legacy I'd be more likely to strip the threads.