HELP! HIC Shim is Stuck In My Bars!

ipwnedx

Alright, I JUST got my new Lucky HIC (Plastic) shim in the mail today.
I go to the skatepark, ride around and feel my headset is a little loose/compression a little lose. So, I took off my bars to think I was going to tighten it, but instead I see my HIC shim is stuck in my bars. Also, my starnut isn't in my forks anymore. The startnut is still in the bolt of the shim, which is all in my bars.
I have a lucky strata complete, which runs Lucky 7 bars, Lucky SMX Fork, etc.

So how do I get this out?!

TL;DR - My HIC shim is stuck in my bars with the bolt and starnut in the shim and its hard af to get it out. Btw, the shim is sticking out about an inch or 0.75 an inch so I can get plyers on it and stuff.

I've already sprayed WD-40 around and in the shim and in the slit of my bars, still does not help.

I've taken plyers and tried to take it off, but instead, I accidently broke my shim a little -_-

People are saying take a flathead to spread the slit, but I can't find my flathead right now.

Help, please. I really want to learn some new stuff before school starts.

D-Worden

Bronze member
take te plyers and try to grab the starnut to pull it out. other than that you can take the tip of needle nose plyers and use the to the same effect as a flathead with spreading the shim. you can also try to push the shim out alittle by setting your plyers/flat head in the slit and pushing the tip down on the ridge on the shim. flat heads are like 3-5 dollars. not hard to fiind

ipwnedx

take te plyers and try to grab the starnut to pull it out. other than that you can take the tip of needle nose plyers and use the to the same effect as a flathead with spreading the shim. you can also try to push the shim out alittle by setting your plyers/flat head in the slit and pushing the tip down on the ridge on the shim. flat heads are like 3-5 dollars. not hard to fiind

Thanks, but I actually fixed it. We took a flathead and a hammer and put it to the side of the shim, and hammered down so the piece snapped off. Took 20 minutes to get all pieces, but it worked like a charm!

I just bought a new HIC shim (from Lucky) and I hope I don't fuck up this time.