HIC compression problem

Micah.

Steel Member
Problem 1: Hi, I have a ethic pandemonium deck with ethic silicone headset and merrow forks, with some random HIC shim. I noticed a creaking yesterday after coming down a steep transition to flat, and saw that there was a small gap between my headset and my clamp, where i can see a bit of the shim. Im thinking the problem is because im running steel bars on an alu shim, but im stumped. Thanks!

Problem 2: Compression loosening. Just got a new scooter, but used an old compression shim that I found. The merrow has the built in topcap, and at first it seemed the forktube was too long for the hic shim, so i cut it down. This helped with the loosening a bit, and I thought i had solved the problem so i put a bit of loctite on the compression cap so i didnt have to deal with it anymore. unfortunately, my headset has become loose even with the loctite. The compression cap is certainly not loose (in fact, it is not coming off anytime soon) so im not sure what the problem is. As you can see in the picture, there is a very small gap between the top headset cup and the silicone topcap. Im wondering if theres a compatibility issue with the ethic headset and ethic pandemonium, or if ive put my bearings in wrong. Any help is much appreciated.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2e37rj7.jpg[/

Full setup:
Ethic pandemonium
Ethic sylphe clamp
Ethic silicone headset
Lucky hic shim cut down poorly
Ethic merrow fork
Remi Raptor oversized bars (slit ofc)

If you know what to do for sure, send me a message, help ASAP is appreciated, im not trying to further fuck up my setup :)

Micah.

Steel Member
the gap it is ok . and i dont think the headset have problem , i think the problem it is the shim , may be you can find a ethic shim ?

Yep, you're totally right the problem is with the shim. I didn't think the evenness of it mattered so I just used a hacksaw, and its at least 20 degrees off lol. Thanks for the help