Hitting Knees when I bunny hop (jump)

I have not scootered in a looooong time and then the other day a friend pulled out one of his old CRISPS and a Distric out of the garage. It was a blast took me back a couple years and spurred me on to buy a MGP VX4 Team edition (£30 bargain) I have been out of the scooter scene for a while (about 4 years) and I noticed when I bunny hopped I hit my knees on the bars, specifically my right knee would hit the bars more. I am about 5 foot 9 and 16 years old (to give you an idea of build). You guys think its my stance or you think it could be because the deck is too small?
Thanks in advance.

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
I've never really heard of that before. How long is the deck? Cause like you said, it very well could be too small

Beyond16

Bronze member
My kneecap got so bad from that I finally had to put foam pipe insulation on my bars. My kneecap is in good condition now, but I left the foam on because I still hit it occasionally.

I dont feel like getting a longer deck. I will go under my stairs and steal some of the pipe insulation (hopefully my parents dont find out lol). Good idea BTW

Brennan

Steel Member
Your stance could be part of it. Usually that doesn't happen even if you have a small deck, so maybe work on rotating your feet further left (goofy) or right (regular) so that your knees bend to the side of the bars when you land, not into them. If your right knee hits the bars I'm assuming you ride goofy, so shift your feet left.