How To Raw Parts

xavierfm

Bronze member
i found this post very useful and i would like to add my little grain of sand.
for removing rust in chromed parts try to do a ball of tin foil and rub it against the rusted part. it worked pretty well for me.
also, i removed the stickers of my district deck using nail polish remover (idk if it's called like that). i soaked some nail polish remover in those little cotton discs (those used for removing the makeup) and rubed on the stickers. idk if i used too much but the paint also began to came off so it's also useful for rawing the deck. i don't know if it will work whith other paints because the paint used by district is awful and it's not so resistent.

Austin Forkner

Steel Member
Stupid question but I rawed my nimbus fork and I had to rub the oven cleaner on it for like 15 minutes to get it all off. Can oven cleaner like make the fork weak or make it break easy if it's in oven cleaner that long?

Cameron Luke

Bronze member
I just rawed my madd gear deck with oven cleaner. Right after I got done the metal started oxidizing and now it has this gross look to it! Is there anyway I can get rid of this look (I already tried polish)?

thealexbuffery

Gold Member
I just rawed my madd gear deck with oven cleaner. Right after I got done the metal started oxidizing and now it has this gross look to it! Is there anyway I can get rid of this look (I already tried polish)?
try wipe it down with a cloth with some WD-40 on it, it should stop rust n that from forming

or you could try the diet coke and tin foil trick, but depends what your deck is doing ahha
decks shouldnt oxidize when theyre rawed tho, mine never do

Cameron Luke

Bronze member
try wipe it down with a cloth with some WD-40 on it, it should stop rust n that from forming

or you could try the diet coke and tin foil trick, but depends what your deck is doing ahha
decks shouldnt oxidize when theyre rawed tho, mine never do

Well after spraying more oven cleaner on it I kinda got the dull oxidized look to come off. But even with polish its not to a mirror finish at all?

Bror Svensson

Gold Member
oven cleaner have dat effect, it makes it very raw look. Just take some very very fine grit sandpaper and it will look purdy.