How To Raw Parts

Tobin

Bronze member
what i did was i sprayed alot on and left it for like 12 minutes, then just wiped it off with a paper towl. and make sure your using the heavy duty (yellow) easy off

joshbeattie

Bronze member
my district comes tomorrow, and i'm pretty sure i'm going to use paint stripper to raw it.
but a few questions first, should i scrape it off, or wipe it? and how long do i leave it on for?

CoryR

Silver Member
my district comes tomorrow, and i'm pretty sure i'm going to use paint stripper to raw it.
but a few questions first, should i scrape it off, or wipe it? and how long do i leave it on for?
set it down on cardboard, spray it, and then hose it down and wipe it off. rinse and repeat more times until completely raw.

issac p

Silver Member
Aluminum oxidizes, which won't make it weaker. It just makes the metal look duller.
Don't worry about it though.

joshbeattie

Bronze member
Well I don't want the deck shiny anyway, so if anything that's a plus :like:
But yeah, so your 100% this'll work? And won't damage the deck at all?

issac p

Silver Member
I'm pretty sure aluminum oxidizes. it happaned to my last district deck. It looks nothing like rust on steel though. Its just like a white-ish tint.
And josh., it won't damage the deck at all.

Robert

Tr0ll
I'm pretty sure aluminum oxidizes. it happaned to my last district deck. It looks nothing like rust on steel though. Its just like a white-ish tint.
And josh., it won't damage the deck at all.

Thats just a corrosion from the alloy, its from rock salt, and stuff like that.

joshbeattie

Bronze member
Right, so today was a disaster -.- spent all day doing it, and when I took of the paint stripper and the paint was still their (minus the graphics) so I tried cleaning it all off, and tried scratching away the paint, and now its just sat in my room looking like a pile of crap.
When I scratch of the paint it leaves a really dull white behind, then under that is the raw I'm looking for. so, what went wrong? And how can I fix it?

Austin Forkner

Steel Member
Hey guys I'm thinking about painting my bars that I just rawed. So what kind of paint do I use? How long does it take? Is it hard? Is it worth it? Etc..... So pretty much just tell me everything about painting bars.