MGP fork is too narrow to fit Blunt deck

Original scooter was a Crisp Ultima 2014.

I’ve now changed the following:
Deck: Blunt AOS V4 Max Peters
Fork (which doesn’t fit): Madd Gear Pro MFX Affray 120mm Fork - Anodised Black Wheels: MGP MFX Hurricane Scooter Wheel - R Willy Signature 120mm Neochrome

The Width of the steerer tube on the original Crisp is 28mm (1 1/8th”) but the width on the MGP fork is 25mm (1”). Where the steerer tube comes through head tube, there’s a gap between steerer tube and top of head tube, whereas the original Crisp fork sits flush against the headset dust cap. I read on some forums that I may need a compression ring, however that didn’t work, or at least the thing I ordered didn't fit into the gap.

You can see the gap in the pic, whereas the original Crisp fork sits flush and there's no gap.

I emailed skates.co.uk who told me "the MFX fork is IHC compression and the Crisp is HIC or SCS , depending on which compression you are current with". So, can I get some sort of ring that will sit in that gap so the fork sits flush, or do I need to get different forks that are 1 1/8" wide?

Thanks.
P.S. I'm a proper newbie when it comes to scooters, I just thought everything fitted!!

Attachments

• 20160612_155916.jpg
    20160612_155916.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 5

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
You're either going to have to run ihc compression, or get a new fork. The cheaper option would be to just run ihc. The better option would be to get a new fork and run scs. Ihc is kind of, well... bad

Thanks. Could I use an "Apex IHC to HIC conversion kit"? Sounds like it will do the job. I can't post a link to the item as I haven't done 10 posts yet, but if you google it you'll find it.

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Thanks. Could I use an "Apex IHC to HIC conversion kit"? Sounds like it will do the job. I can't post a link to the item as I haven't done 10 posts yet, but if you google it you'll find it.
I guess you could, but then it sounds like you'd need oversized bars to run hic. What kind of bars do you have? They may even already be oversized for all we know haha