My grips experiences/Share your own!

Chrispy

Silver Member
Just because I make one stupid post doesn't mean all my posts are stupid. Ask vitalbmx if you want lol the old guys were saying it on there aaaaannnnddd i'm homies with the owner (or manager lol i forget he is brandon ) of odi and i get 50% off and the occasional free tee. Try a pair of odi's in black and a pair of odi's in red. The red will feel like shit for at least a month or so and then feel like 1st day of the odi's in black lol

Edit: some yellow grips may feel better than the other colors because they are tan/gum that is the lightened but I am not 100% sure

SamDybeck

Steel Member
say what you want, odi does not make 99% of scooter and bmx grips, and from my experiences gum grips don't wear in much faster than other colored grips

zach poon

Silver Member
say what you want, odi does not make 99% of scooter and bmx grips, and from my experiences gum grips don't wear in much faster than other colored grips
fuckk dude i liked my ethics before my scoot got stolen, also do you know the bar ends that were on hunters rads? those shits are indestructible

Wow and why should we trust you? Cuz if that's true that's kinda sketchy

I've also heard this before but Google sucks balls any more so I can't vouch it. Seriously, you can't find anything even remotely specific like you could 3 years ago. You used to be able to type whatever you wanted and if someone in the far corners of the internet said it (like some random post on some random forum) it would yield results. Not the case any more...

Chrispy

Silver Member
Par ends @zachpoon
@sdy i was exaggerating but odi does make alot of grips. What gum grips did you have?

Someone takeone for the team and ride one red odi and one black odi at the same time and see the difference. You can even put the red one on your non dominate side and it will break in slower

SamDybeck

Steel Member
I've had gum cult AKs and Vans(ODI rubber compound) and I've ridden Fit Mac Grips(non-odi compound) and the gum Fit grips sucked ass, I had a pair of the same grips in black that came on my bike and they were perfect

Chrispy

Silver Member
Idk then lol the ak's and the vans were what i was mainly refering to. But it is acceptable to say that black >

matr!

Silver Member
Can't go wrong with Odyssey and ODI. Only reason I cut my longnecks off was to get my bars rawed. Odyssey grips lasted me like 2 years before I cut them off because they discolored (I had creamish ones and they went a yellow/brown color). If you got them in a darker color I can see them lasting for ages unless you ride with a gorilla grip.

StreetKids

I run multi Odis lol, there both long neck and flanged, but one side is orange and one side is green, it's actually a nice combo but I really like the feel of the MacNeil grips that came free with my 3ride order :3