Orion Deck & Tilt Legacy Fork

JacobUrrea08

Bronze member
I put it together tonight and there is only 1 1/8th inch for the baby scs to grab on to. Is that enough? I just saw it initially and it looked way short.

majohnson1

Bronze member
Inward scooters website says "recommend that the fork steerer has a minimum length of 1 1/4" and a maximum of 1 3/8" for 3" SCS.". Sounds just a bit short. Are you sure the headset bearings are flush in the headtube and the fork integrated crown race is flush up against the bottom headset bearing?

JacobUrrea08

Bronze member
That's a great point. The top headset bearing is sticking out a little bit. It seems like it's going to take a lot of force to get it to go in all the way.

Here's a picture of what I'm working with. It's a tilt headest.
unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fubi

Steel Member
did you cut your legacy? I've had no problems using mine with the orion headtube.

JacobUrrea08

Bronze member
I'm really glad to hear that. I don't want to give up my legacy because I just got it. I didn't cut it at all. The forktube is 6 inches long. Does your headset stick out like that? And are you using one of the new Orion Headtubes?

JacobUrrea08

Bronze member
did you cut your legacy? I've had no problems using mine with the orion headtube.
Are both your top and bottom bearings flush with the headtube? I think this may just be a defect because the top bearing slot is shallow compared to the bottom one but both headset bearings are the same size

Solved. I talked to Chema and he said it's normal. Thanks for helping me trouble shoot this guys.

He said a few of the Proto team riders use that set up with a proto baby scs without the top cap to the headset bearings and the leaves enough room on the fork tube for the scs to grab. About 1 1/8 inches.

Last edited: