R.I.P. aussieland

Strictly!

Bronze member
first time i have been on here in ages, anyone still around? anyone still ride? or has everyone gone and got decent cars and jobs etc now.

Jason

Silver Member
I come from South Australia, which statistically speaking isn't really part of Australia so I don't bother.

Really hope aussieland forums or something similar (the one that aaron bransdon made) can make a comeback one day. The seperate forum really brought everyone back together after Sr died around 2010 for the first time, then the aussieland forum closed down and that was it for SR :(. that was truely awesome times haha.

Anyone still on SR these days ?:) We should definately start another forum!

matr!

Silver Member
This place used to be fucking incredible. It's a shame really.. don't even know what happened. It's like one day everyone just decided not to go on SR in general anymore. The last thing we need is another forum imo, remember how split up everything was when there was SR, TRW, MGP made their own forums (and nitroRC whored himself out) it was just a clusterfuck all round.

Billie Rainbow

Silver Member
Hell yeah this place was sick back in the day. Same with ASF and how that went out with a bang, that was hilarious but a damn shame honestly.

I back that @matr! this is where it needs to be. All the things you couldn't do then are so easy now and this site is not being used to its full potential which it always has in some capacity, seemed ready for in retrospect. Andrew has always been a visionary in many aspects because of his dedication but that didn't make sense when I was a teen, that's very normal to not notice that when your personal life seems like a big deal, it's an opinion but your life, ego, whatever you call you, appears trivial when you reach the truth of who you really are. To continue living with the best intentions is all that matters.

I know anyone can and will say IG, FB, even snapchat are sufficient because of the young riders can easily "showcase" themselves publicly in a safe-space of sorts which requires little effort on anybody involved in scooters in any way to monitor. Unless you have the skills to do this then people who do not give a fuck, root in the potential to take the place where we as the core of the passionately driven community can rightfully be involved in as more than volunteers, a career potential exists for some.

I know of a group already existing, use their well knit community, as their name symbolizes (if you've heard of it) for the core riders and companies and that's great, but in the future the entirety of the sport in the kid market (the 80% min of cashflow lol) outlook on scooters will change and the potential to make a livable career in the kid market can be increased and with that holds the potential for the core to eventually direct the market in minor ways firstly but in the intentions of doing it correctly without killing the kid market thus cash-flow and ruining some possibilities for a true large core to come about like skate/bmx seems to have now, although it appears to be run over by the scooter kid market worldwide. I would love to see it go beyond being mostly generic which they have and we currently do not which i believe is the reason for the success so far.

Maybe as an app this site would gain that buzz but far off dreams and a lotta work, time, money etc upholding it for the sake of having the refined potential platform is daunting just thinking about it without some form of worthwhile reimbursement be whatever you will accept as "payment"

thealexbuffery

Gold Member
Maybe as an app this site would gain that buzz but far off dreams and a lotta work, time, money etc upholding it for the sake of having the refined potential platform is daunting just thinking about it without some form of worthwhile reimbursement be whatever you will accept as "payment"
people have mentioned the idea of making an app before but its never gone through, but it would he hella convenient for most other peeps i reckon

we just need dedicated ppl hahha

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
people have mentioned the idea of making an app before but its never gone through, but it would he hella convenient for most other peeps i reckon

we just need dedicated ppl hahha
I faithfully messaged Andrew to get us hooked up on Tapatalk so we could get some sort of app going. Was a long shot haha.

I really just want SR notifications. I don't like missing amything.

skyrockett

Bronze member
I faithfully messaged Andrew to get us hooked up on Tapatalk so we could get some sort of app going. Was a long shot haha.

I really just want SR notifications. I don't like missing amything.
I agree that an app would be really useful, Even a mobile friendly site would help tbh

matr!

Silver Member
There must be a way of getting people back onto the site. An app would be cool but it's a lot of work really...