*Read If You Plan On Selling Anything!*

Bear Grylls

M3MB3R
This Is The Buy/Sale/Trade Super Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Section #1: Thread Titles

When you create a thread on SR, a good thread title will attract a lot of people.
A good thread title should include what brands/parts/items you are selling.

Example: " Rup, Phoenix, TSI, Elyts Shoes, Canon 5D MKIII"

MOST IMPORTANTLY, PUT IT IN THE CORRECT SUB-SECTION!

MAKE A DESCRIPTIVE THREAD TITLE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Section #2: Thread Info

When you create a thread you obviously need pictures. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PICTURES IN YOUR THREAD WITH A TIMESTAMP IT WILL BE LOCKED WITHIN A COUPLE HOURS.

How to Timestamp:

Get something to write on..
On the piece of paper:
1. Username
2. Item(s)
3. Date

Example:

1z1urmv.jpg

In order to upload pictures to Scooter Resource, you need to post them on a image hosting website. Below is a list of websites:

When you upload your image(s) to a image hosting website a image sharing page will pop up, you need the IMG code. Below is an example using http://tinypic.com/

Example using http://tinypic.com/ :
fk1kwm.png

Once your at the above page, copy the IMG code.
mutqbm.jpg

Once you have the IMG code, copy it and paste it in your thread.

Under the IMG code, post the following info below it:
Description
Condition
Original Owner
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT?
If your looking for trades, what are you looking for?
Price
Shipping
Price including shipping

Then hit "Submit New Thread" below the thread creator!
POST PICTURES IN YOUR THREAD.
Section #3: Shipping

When you make a transaction you will obviously need to ship the item.

SHIP THE ITEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. When i make a transaction, i usually ship the same day as i receive the payment, OR the next day.

GET TRACKING. GET TRACKING. GET TRACKING. GET TRACKING. I cannot stress this enough! Yes, tracking is 80 cents, but it may save you a lot of trouble in the future like if someone doesn't get there item or it gets lost in the mail. Heck if you print out a shipping label via PayPal, tracking is free. PROVIDE YOUR BUYER WITH THE CORRECT TRACKING NUMBER.

IF YOU SHIP OUT A COMPLETE, OR SOMETHING VERY EXPENSIVE. It wouldn't hurt to get signature confirmation, I'm pretty sure you want your item to get there as safe as possible. Yes Signature Confirmation is $2.00, but as i said, it could save you a whole lot of trouble.

SHIP PEOPLES ITEMS.
Section #4: Legitimacy

When you make a transaction on SR, you want to be confident when you are buying or trading your hard earned parts.
A good way to know your dealing with someone honest, is check the legit list.
Legit:
Pretty self explanatory, If someone is on the Legit list, 98% chance you are dealing with a good seller.
Unlegit:
Also pretty obvious, If someone is on the unlegit list, you don't want to be involved with them.

WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR ITEM:
Feel free to go in the Updated legit list thread and leave some feedback on your transaction.
Example: "Got my Berlinwood Wide from David Cappetta, thanks dude!" ect ect.

BE LEGIT.
Section #5: Paying Methods

1) Paypal
Safest, most efficient way to pay. If you can, do it. If you don't have a bank account, then well, try and get one. Trust me when I say PP makes EVERYTHING a whole hell of a lot easier.
NOTE: NEVER EVER SEND AS A GIFT. I repeat NEVER SEND AS A GIFT. But Ryan! Paypal charges me if I send it regularly! NO. DON'T DO IT. If you send as a gift it will always be IMPOSSIBLE for you to get your money back if the whole transaction goes wrong. It's worth paying the 4% to ensure that if stuff is screw up you can get your money back. Think of it as a mini insurance.

2) Money orders
MOs are decent. Make sure you ask for a postal money order, therefore you can cash it in. If someone sends you a Western Union/Moneygram, be wary. There are a lot of fake MOs floating around, and if you put it in your banking account without knowing it's a counterfeit, YOU ARE HELD LIABLE. Potential legal action will be held AGAINST YOU. Safest way is to ask for a POSTAL money order. If WU/MO is your only option, make sure it clears (2-3 weeks) before shipping your things out.

3) Cash in mail
Sigh. This is really risky. If it's $10, then it's decent. But you have no bank account, and you have to do this.. sigh. If you are sending more than $50+ over the mail, get a USPS Priority box and put the money in there with something heavy, like a book you don't want or something. That weighs it down. Send this box with TRACKING. Sending cash in mail is especially dangerous because you don't know if the person you are dealing with is honest. You have no tracking. You don't know when it gets there. What if it "never got to their house"? The other person can just claim it got lost in the mail, and just keep your money. So, remember, if you want to send money over the mail: ship it in a small flat rate priority box w/ delivery confirmation. I use to do this. I've done it over 100 times, it never got lost.

4) Checks
Checks can bounce. It can be edited. Try to avoid it if you can.

*CREDIT TO ELLIE FOR THE ABOVE SECTION*

PAY WITH A TRUSTFUL METHOD.
Section #6: Identifying Dishonest People

a) Always check feedback.
Check, check, check. Use the search button. I've seen countless people on SR complaining about getting scammed on the daily and you can easily avoid that if you click the search button, inputting the guy's username, and seeing if there are any threads on them. What if there are no threads? Try Google. Perhaps they are infamous on another forum. You never know. Do your research.

b) I found a thread about _____.
Great, now READ. Does this person ship late? Does this person ship on time? Are there any problems? REMEMBER: Always check WHO'S writing the feedback. Was the seemingly "good" feedback written by a brand new account with 1-5 posts? Be wary. Some people create fake accounts in attempt to leave themselves feedback. Look at the time the feedbacks were left. Sometimes people will create multiple accounts to bump their threads and give themselves feedback. There will be a lot of feedback from “unknown” users in a very short period of time. Ask about this person. Don't be afraid to ASK. Always do thorough research about a person to ensure you both have a solid transaction.
NOTE: People who say stuff like "I have feedback on eBay/this other scooter forum/this BMX forum/fingerboard forum" STOP. This person can be LYING. Let's say on eBay there is a username by the name of "EllieScooters123" with 350 positive feedback. I can easily create a "RyanW69420" on SR and claim to be the same person on eBay. Thus I can pretend I have those 350 positive feedback, make you send/pay first and bam, you get scammed. So, if there is someone claiming to have feedback on a different forum/eBay make sure you message their accounts on THOSE websites, to verify that those dealers are actually the people you've been talking to.

*CREDIT TO ELLIE FOR THE ABOVE SECTION*
BE POSITIVE WITH YOURSELF.​

Spent 2 hours on this.
Any questions, comments or concerns, ask below!

Rob.

Admin
Staff member
Excellent thread.
Kids, if you're selling things here, this should be your bible.

dowdie223

Bronze member
Really good Ryan. Nice job. Just one thing, my name is still "Beanbag" on the legit list and I no longer go by Beanbag, just wondering if I could get that change to prevent future confusion.

Tom Cirbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should include in the rules that sellers must explain the reasons as to why they are selling their parts. It could be soimething as simple as "Im just not liking the headtube angle of this deck" or "Im switching to HIC so this is why im selling my SCS".

did you not like the AO deck?
If you don't wanna buy it, don't post.
This honestly just pisses me off. Sorry for calling you out Carson, but your response was just so unnecessary. He could very much be a potential buyer for the deck. The AO deck is new to the market, so he probably just wants to know how you feel about it before he just buys it hoping that it is good (since there are not that many reviews on it).