Should I buy this TSI?

Janny

Bronze member
Hello, A person is selling a stunt scooter for £120 / $185. I don't know if it's a v2 threshold so I don't know if I should buy it.

Deck: TSI Threshold
Bars: RAW scooter bars (lifetime warranty)
Grips: ODI Longneck softies
Clamp: Proto Half Knuckle running HIC
Headset: Cane Creek
Forks: Vert X SMX
Wheels: Root industries
Bearings: NMB

SPARES which come with setup.
Proto reTro bars
Apex SCS
MGP end of days nitro deck
Original Phoenix deck
MGP HIC Clamp
Another MGP HIC Clamp
Another HIC Clamp
2 Pegs

Just wanting it for the deck. The rest is going to be sold off.

My favourite decks so far have been District v2i and Aos v2. I have tried fasen, lucky, mfx, crisp and a few others but I didn't like how they felt, Aos was okay but I like longer decks so district is my favourite. I am a beginner rider (whips, bars, fakie, 180, 360, feeble) but would like to start riding more.

Will be buying for £100. Is it worth it? Moved PICS Below on another post.

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 61
  • $_864.JPG
    $_864.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 56
  • s567.JPG
    s567.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image1__1424502084_89.242.143.44.jpg
    image1__1424502084_89.242.143.44.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
It will whip in a way that you're probobly not used too. There are people who either love or hate the way it whips. But you will never really know until you try it. It could be life-changing to you for all we know. Even though I don't really care for the way it whips (mostly because I was so used to addict/ethic decks), I can't deny that TSI makes one of the best decks money could buy. So, to answer your question of "is it worth it?" Most definitely, yes it is. To probably half the people on this site, TSI decks are their go-to decks. And the thing will last you forever, especially since you claim to be a beginner. So, yea, it's worth it.

Edit: I can't tell if it's a v2 or not be cause of how dirty it is hahaha someone else should be able to tell though...

GraysonD!!

Silver Member
Pretty sure it is a v2 but be careful with the front that ground down there is cracks under those scratches that's what my v2 looked like when I first saw cracks.

Janny

Bronze member
It will whip in a way that you're probobly not used too. There are people who either love or hate the way it whips. But you will never really know until you try it. It could be life-changing to you for all we know. Even though I don't really care for the way it whips (mostly because I was so used to addict/ethic decks), I can't deny that TSI makes one of the best decks money could buy. So, to answer your question of "is it worth it?" Most definitely, yes it is. To probably half the people on this site, TSI decks are their go-to decks. And the thing will last you forever, especially since you claim to be a beginner. So, yea, it's worth it.

Edit: I can't tell if it's a v2 or not be cause of how dirty it is hahaha someone else should be able to tell though...

Yeah I can't tell either. It looks like it has welds of the v2 (as they have been grinded away but still noticeable) but I'm not sure. And yeah I guess it's worth it but I don't know. I would like to buy the deck but he won't sell it seperate :/

I might wait till I can sell my setups and if he still has it I will buy it, if he doesn't then it's fine I could just make a setup from parts I like and just try different decks.

Parts for my setup I was thinking of making if I don't get the TSI.

GRIPS: Ethic
BARS: Not sure. 21-23 wide and 24-27 high would be good size. Currently ride Phoenix Suicide V2. 22wide/24high
CLAMP: TILT SCS
HEADSET: TILT
DECK: Not sure. Would like to try something new. Was thinking of getting AO Lambda 3.1 or Flavor Awakening.
FORKS: Not sure. Love to buy TILT but costs quiet a lot and don't know what forks are good.
WHEELS: Downside Conspiracy
Hella Grip OG Sloth

Anyway thanks for the help.

Janny

Bronze member
Pretty sure it is a v2 but be careful with the front that ground down there is cracks under those scratches that's what my v2 looked like when I first saw cracks.

Ok thanks, will think about it. Maybe I will buy or maybe I won't.

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Yeah I can't tell either. It looks like it has welds of the v2 (as they have been grinded away but still noticeable) but I'm not sure. And yeah I guess it's worth it but I don't know. I would like to buy the deck but he won't sell it seperate :/

I might wait till I can sell my setups and if he still has it I will buy it, if he doesn't then it's fine I could just make a setup from parts I like and just try different decks.

Parts for my setup I was thinking of making if I don't get the TSI.

GRIPS: Ethic
BARS: Not sure. 21-23 wide and 24-27 high would be good size. Currently ride Phoenix Suicide V2. 22wide/24high
CLAMP: TILT SCS
HEADSET: TILT
DECK: Not sure. Would like to try something new. Was thinking of getting AO Lambda 3.1 or Flavor Awakening.
FORKS: Not sure. Love to buy TILT but costs quiet a lot and don't know what forks are good.
WHEELS: Downside Conspiracy
Hella Grip OG Sloth

Anyway thanks for the help.
Oh yea, if you end up getting something else, the flavor is a great choice. It happens to be the deck I'm on right now

Janny

Bronze member
Pull the trigger. Even if it lasts for a few months it will be worth it and as a beginner unless you only ride flying you won't snap it

Okay :) and haha I don't think I'll be flying anytime soon. I ride about 1 hour everyday if that. And probably skatepark once a week.

I like riding street mostly but don't ride crazy stuff. I ride for fun and for chills, sometimes trying new stuff.

I think I'm getting the setup tomorrow hopefully. Can't wait to try it out :)

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Okay :) and haha I don't think I'll be flying anytime soon. I ride about 1 hour everyday if that. And probably skatepark once a week.

I like riding street mostly but don't ride crazy stuff. I ride for fun and for chills, sometimes trying new stuff.

I think I'm getting the setup tomorrow hopefully. Can't wait to try it out :)
Lol "flying" was a typo he meant "flyout"

Hcc

Silver Member
My old Thresh v2 lasted 13 months before I noticed it had a crack on each side of the smith welds and 2 under the headtube so I sold it and bought a Sledge, that was 10 months ago and that v2 is still alive today haha you won't have a problem with it snapping even if it does crack I reckon as long as you don't go hella hard.

Phase Three

Silver Member
Who said he was selling them?
Hello, A person is selling a stunt scooter for £120 / $185. I don't know if it's a v2 threshold so I don't know if I should buy it.

Deck: TSI Threshold
Bars: RAW scooter bars (lifetime warranty)
Grips: ODI Longneck softies
Clamp: Proto Half Knuckle running HIC
Headset: Cane Creek
Forks: Vert X SMX
Wheels: Root industries
Bearings: NMB

SPARES which come with setup.
Proto reTro bars
Apex SCS
MGP end of days nitro deck
Original Phoenix deck
MGP HIC Clamp
Another MGP HIC Clamp
Another HIC Clamp
2 Pegs

Just wanting it for the deck. The rest is going to be sold off.

My favourite decks so far have been District v2i and Aos v2. I have tried fasen, lucky, mfx, crisp and a few others but I didn't like how they felt, Aos was okay but I like longer decks so district is my favourite. I am a beginner rider (whips, bars, fakie, 180, 360, feeble) but would like to start riding more.

Will be buying for £100. Is it worth it? Moved PICS Below on another post.

Hcc

Silver Member
It's still cheaper to buy that whole scooter than it is to buy a new Shred Sled and I'm sure he'll be able to sell the parts, wheels are worth nothing but forks, clamp and bars he will be able to sell off lol

Janny

Bronze member
View attachment 1333
might as well just get this because you wont be able to sell those parts very well

I won't be selling them for a lot of money. Just cheap. The district deck I can sell for about £40-50 easily. Rest will either be £10-£20 each or something like that. I won't sell all of it. Just going to sell what people want.

I would love to buy that deck but just don't have the money for it at the moment. Maybe once this deck snaps or ends up cracking in a couple months then I will buy a brand new tsi.

Janny

Bronze member
It's still cheaper to buy that whole scooter than it is to buy a new Shred Sled and I'm sure he'll be able to sell the parts, wheels are worth nothing but forks, clamp and bars he will be able to sell off lol

Exactly :) I will be selling the parts for dirt cheap but better parts will go for a higher price as I know people will buy them. Since I won't be using the spare parts I get and my district deck I will just end up selling them off for around £20-50. All the crap stuff I will sell for about £5-10.

Last edited: