Stuck Bearing

Sam B

Bronze member
So i followed that method as i noticed my bearings kept falling out of my wheels when i went to put them on. Long story short the bearing now needs to come out so i can put a new one in but it is stuck and i literally cannot seem to get it out. Any suggestions?

Beyond16

Bronze member
So i followed that method as i noticed my bearings kept falling out of my wheels when i went to put them on. Long story short the bearing now needs to come out so i can put a new one in but it is stuck and i literally cannot seem to get it out. Any suggestions?
What about tapping it out from the other side with a hammer and a flat ended punch. Put the punch through the bearing on the other side and through the spacer and let the flat end of the punch sit on the inner race of the bearing to remove. If one side is difficult, try the other side. Once one bearing is out, you can put the punch on the outer race, at least if the wheel has access cutouts like River wheels.

For good bearings you don't want to whack, a vise and spacer arrangement can be used to press bearings out. For this method, a short 8mm bolt can do the pushing if you move the bearing spacer off center. for the other side, use a spacer with an inside diameter a little bigger than the 22mm outside diameter of the bearing. A large socket is a good substitute for the needed spacer.

Sam B

Bronze member
What about tapping it out from the other side with a hammer and a flat ended punch. Put the punch through the bearing on the other side and through the spacer and let the flat end of the punch sit on the inner race of the bearing to remove. If one side is difficult, try the other side. Once one bearing is out, you can put the punch on the outer race, at least if the wheel has access cutouts like River wheels.

For good bearings you don't want to whack, a vise and spacer arrangement can be used to press bearings out. For this method, a short 8mm bolt can do the pushing if you move the bearing spacer off center. for the other side, use a spacer with an inside diameter a little bigger than the 22mm outside diameter of the bearing. A large socket is a good substitute for the needed spacer.

Thanks for the help dude. My mum actually managed to get it out whilst i was at school but i will bear it in mind for the future as i will probably need to do it again

Beyond16

Bronze member
Loctite should do the trick. Loctite 660 is supposed to work for bearings even if the gap is 1/2 mm. Problem is, it is crazy expensive now. Ebay has the best prices. Some of the other types of Loctite should work too, depending how loose the bearing is. I wonder how well JB weld would work. It cost a lot less.