The Hillbombing Thread.

Grant Schofield

Silver Member
A death race is not a certain place but usually and long steep hill that you bomb and race on that is very intense. There lots of hill like this in sf and typically have really cool views too.

Hep Greg

Administrator
25uip10.jpg

a4713.jpg

6 inch wide deck by 21 inch long one piece deck. Fit 125 wheels, just have to adjust the brake. I bought this for 5 dollars. Need to make bar extenders to make some old bars super wide and this will be set. Gonna flip the wooden deck over and regrip it black :)

this has potential.

.Gerrit

ya boy boo radley
Staff member
A death race is not a certain place but usually and long steep hill that you bomb and race on that is very intense. There lots of hill like this in sf and typically have really cool views too.

You basically just try to get from point a to point b as fast as possible. If you fall and destroy yourself, you gotta keep going to try to win.

Frank T

Silver Member
25uip10.jpg

a4713.jpg

6 inch wide deck by 21 inch long one piece deck. Fit 125 wheels, just have to adjust the brake. I bought this for 5 dollars. Need to make bar extenders to make some old bars super wide and this will be set. Gonna flip the wooden deck over and regrip it black :)
my cousin has one! haha i gotta see if i can get it

Grant Schofield

Silver Member
I'm not going to make a hillbombing scoooter, but a hill bombing trike. I forgot about them until today when I saw a kid with one but basically you make a trike you can fit on and rplace the back wheelss with better ones and then put plastic tubes over the back wheels so you can drift. They are intense.

Dallen.

Steel Member
I'm not going to make a hillbombing scoooter, but a hill bombing trike. I forgot about them until today when I saw a kid with one but basically you make a trike you can fit on and rplace the back wheelss with better ones and then put plastic tubes over the back wheels so you can drift. They are intense.

Those drifting trikes are sick!

.Gerrit

ya boy boo radley
Staff member
6a00e550df20b1883401156f3608f5970c-pi.jpg

I have one of these things. They're fun to just do carves and donuts and stuff on. I don't know how'd they work for hill bombing.

gjdadj

Steel Member
i dont understand..... what are the main differences between a freestyle scooter and a hillbomber? so far i've noticed they have wider bars and deck but thats about it??? sounds to me like it'd ride just like a tsi or phoenix ect: is it really worth making one? scooters have shit grip on tarmac and unless you modify the deck and put a wide ass wheel on then it wont perform much better than a normal scoot? wouldnt dirt scoots be the best for this sort of thing? they have better grip.

dpnelson31

Steel Member
Alright, so this is still a work in progress. I have to modify the brake for a 125mm wheel by putting a screw into the wood, but I am afraid to split it.
My plan is to to get some wider bars, but I threw these on to go test it.

2nlfl2.jpg

2e5309y.jpg

Proto Slider on the back until I get a 125 :)

Hep Greg

Administrator
i dont have a separate setup for hillbombing, i just ride my one setup. i dont think i would change it much for hillbombing, maybe bigger wheels but thats it.

RiccardoM

Steel Member
6a00e550df20b1883401156f3608f5970c-pi.jpg

I have one of these things. They're fun to just do carves and donuts and stuff on. I don't know how'd they work for hill bombing.

Don't. I have one and you get shockingly bad shake/wobble in the castors.

I've taken the brakes off mine and it's so much fun for whips and bar spins. It's fun for 3s too.