Tricks for beginner?

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Well there isn't really an order of tricks you should do first or second or third, but you should be trying tricks that you pesonally would like to do. That's what I like about scooters. There's no rules and everything is up to you.

But what I've noticed is that most newer riders have a harder time breaking open their creativity as they haven't trained their brain to think in the same way a more experienced rider would. But I'll give you a list of the basics to hopefully get your mind going.

Tailwhip
Backside 180
Backside half-cab
Frontside 180
Frontside half-cab
Backside 360
Frontside 360
Barspin
Backside feeble
Manuals
Fakies

Since your new, if you want help understanding the difference between frontside and backside, I'd be more than welcome to explain it to you.

Skusteek911

Bronze member
Well there isn't really an order of tricks you should do first or second or third, but you should be trying tricks that you pesonally would like to do. That's what I like about scooters. There's no rules and everything is up to you.

But what I've noticed is that most newer riders have a harder time breaking open their creativity as they haven't trained their brain to think in the same way a more experienced rider would. But I'll give you a list of the basics to hopefully get your mind going.

Tailwhip
Backside 180
Backside half-cab
Frontside 180
Frontside half-cab
Backside 360
Frontside 360
Barspin
Backside feeble
Manuals
Fakies

Since your new, if you want help understanding the difference between frontside and backside, I'd be more than welcome to explain it to you.

thanks, I can actually do manuals, frontside 180, frontside half-cabs. The only weird thing is that I can't even spin the deck around when doing a tailwhip :mad::mad: well thanks, these are on my list

steeze_laweeze

Bronze member
thanks, I can actually do manuals, frontside 180, frontside half-cabs. The only weird thing is that I can't even spin the deck around when doing a tailwhip :mad::mad: well thanks, these are on my list
I've been riding for almost five years now, and one of the hardest tricks to do for a beginner is a tailwhip. I took me two years to learn tailwhips and another two to catch them, in those four years I tried what I was clise to. I learned bs and fs 360s, bs 540s and 720s (I was always really good at doing spin tricks) bar rewind, bar spin, opposite barspin, and any sort of 180 270 to fakie (W/out hops) and even 540 barspins. But that's just me, What I'm trying to say is that everybody has their own pace, just get to know how you learn than you can try new things.

Bror Svensson

Gold Member
I've been riding for almost five years now, and one of the hardest tricks to do for a beginner is a tailwhip. I took me two years to learn tailwhips and another two to catch them, in those four years I tried what I was clise to. I learned bs and fs 360s, bs 540s and 720s (I was always really good at doing spin tricks) bar rewind, bar spin, opposite barspin, and any sort of 180 270 to fakie (W/out hops) and even 540 barspins. But that's just me, What I'm trying to say is that everybody has their own pace, just get to know how you learn than you can try new things.
wait wtf, you learned 720s before tailwhips

Skusteek911

Bronze member
I can't even double whip flat
how do u get fear over doing a grind? I wanna do a grind on this parking lot bump thingy but too scared that there might not be enough wax and might send me flying forward

i wanna try grinding on one of these but the ones at my complex are made out of concrete
2008062011384094446_med.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonxB

Steel Member
how do u get fear over doing a grind? I wanna do a grind on this parking lot bump thingy but too scared that there might not be enough wax and might send me flying forward

i wanna try grinding on one of these but the ones at my complex are made out of concrete
2008062011384094446_med.jpg
make sure the bolts aren't sticking up too far, put a lot of wax on it, and commit.

don't lean forward or backwards too much try to keep your balance centered. it takes practice.

if you want to know more there's tutorials on YouTube for boardslides

Skusteek911

Bronze member
make sure the bolts aren't sticking up too far, put a lot of wax on it, and commit.

don't lean forward or backwards too much try to keep your balance centered. it takes practice.

if you want to know more there's tutorials on YouTube for boardslides

okay thanks, scared for the fact that i can break my spine too

Skusteek911

Bronze member
one more question, is grinding on a curb the same as grinding on a funbox with metal edges? or is it more slippery than grinding on a curb?

Skusteek911

Bronze member
hehehehe
omfg i am like a little teensy weensy bit close to landing a tailwhip flat, my left foot keeps going out and hitting the floor while my right foot lands on the deck, its like my foot is telling me "hell naw you aint landing a tailwhip" its so frustrating :confused: