VX2 or dvx100b

James.

Bronze member
Looking to upgrade from my 600d as the video quality is shit.. I was looking at vx2's and they seem good but the footage from dvx100b's looks better. They are both around the same price so i'm not sure which one to get. I looked at VX1's but they are too old and I don't want to have to fork out heaps of cash to repair it all the time. If anyone has used either camera could you share your opinion on them?

Manzie

Steel Member
VX1's are the exact same price to get repairs as VX2's are. They use all the same parts pratically... DVX's are good, but as a camera they are more expensive. The upside of a DVX is you dont have to buy an expensive lens for it to look great. 3 of the guys in friendly have dvx's now and all use 72mm opteka fishes which are like $200. If you get a VX you really need an MK1 to make them look great and theyre about $450-$550 in good condish. But at the same time VX's are cheaper to buy, so either way youre spending about the same amount of money. Ive used all three VX1's, VX2's and DVX's and theyre all pretty much the same
i use a VX1 with an MK1 right now and i love it

James.

Bronze member
VX1's are the exact same price to get repairs as VX2's are. They use all the same parts pratically... DVX's are good, but as a camera they are more expensive. The upside of a DVX is you dont have to buy an expensive lens for it to look great. 3 of the guys in friendly have dvx's now and all use 72mm opteka fishes which are like $200. If you get a VX you really need an MK1 to make them look great and theyre about $450-$550 in good condish. But at the same time VX's are cheaper to buy, so either way youre spending about the same amount of money. Ive used all three VX1's, VX2's and DVX's and theyre all pretty much the same
i use a VX1 with an MK1 right now and i love it

Thanks for the info man, I think I'm gonna go with the DVX100a with a 72mm opteka fisheye.

James.

Bronze member
Does anyone know if I buy the camera from the US and just buy an aussie wall charger for it would it work?

Alex Donaldson

Bronze member
Looking to upgrade from my 600d as the video quality is shit.

wait. wut?

anyways fuck the vx2, biggest pain in the ass to set, i have a vx21 and only use it at night. its SUPER uncomfortable w/ the mk2 and not as bad with the mk1. DVX is alright, one lens hit can destroy your camera and the distortion w/ the mk2 is really bubbly. steep learning curve too.
just go with a vx1/mk1, dvx with the runner up.

D ∆ V I D

Basic Bunch
you are saying your HD video quality is shit so you want to get a standard definition camera. doesn't make any sense.

If you want i will sell you my dvx mkii setup for 1300 shipped to aus. it comes with literally everything youll need. pm'd

CallumR

Steel Member
you are saying your HD video quality is shit so you want to get a standard definition camera. doesn't make any sense.

If you want i will sell you my dvx mkii setup for 1300 shipped to aus. it comes with literally everything youll need. pm'd

why are you selling your dvx?

Zach.

Bronze member
I have a vx2 and its delightful, and ive used both a vx2 and a dvx100b (ive never owned a dvx tho) and from what i know i like the vx2 more