Your review.

Zaηe

Keepin' Peace
Staff member
This thread is for your review on any part/s.
This thread is not to be filled with shit/arguing/pointlessness.
Please put effort into your reviews.
I love you.

*ANY POSTS THAT AREN'T REVIEWS WILL BE DELETED AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE WELL WRITTEN WITH GOOD ENGLISH. THEY MAY FEATURE ON THE REVIEW PAGE OF THE WEBSITE* - Kieran.

cralle

Bronze member
TSI Flowmaster 2 Review

The Good:
-Easy assembly with integrated headset and flexfender

-Feels really nice to ride on!

-Footspace and wheelbase is abit bigger compared to other decks out there.
Diffrent deckplate so you are not bound to one size only!

-Awesome workmanship!

-Comes raw so you can paint it yourself if you want to or just put it together and ride!

-Good price(Got mine for 25% off)

The Bad:
-It's backheavy, you will get used to it but doing whip and such stuff takes alot more effort.

-Access to tightening the rear axle is a bit of a hassle because of the small holes by the dropouts and the fact that my socket for my spanner didn't fit the hole so I had to file it a little to be able to fit.

-No option for springbrakes (Not an issue for me though)

-Pretty timeconsuming to put on griptape since you have to remove griptape where the bolts for the deckplate goes but no much of an issue for a otherwise very smart concept:)

4/5

Rob.

Admin
Staff member
Phoenix wheels:

Pros:

-Soft enough to give excellent grip no matter the surface, be it concrete, wood, asphalt, or even metal.

-Hard enough to be fast without sliding around too much. However, they are still good for sliders (forward or fakie.)

-Comes with good bearings, although I personally use and recommend Bones Swiss Super 6 ball bearings.

-Many colors to choose from, along with two choices of core shape ("integra" or "3 spoke")

Cons:

-Price. Currently the most expensive wheel in the scootering world, set at $50/wheel.

I've been riding these wheels for a long time now, roughly two months, on all sorts of terrain including rocks and gravel, and the urethane is still holding up. The wheel's urethane is an incredible mix of smooth soft components, with a hard feel to it as well. After coming from the speed of an ovalized Eagle snowflake, the Phoenix wheels were a breath of fresh air. Seeing as the core isn't ovalized, it's a fast and incredibly smooth ride. Although, I will admit the speed is slightly slower than the speed of my ES snowflakes, the feel that Phoenix wheels give makes up for it and more. I was lucky enough to win a Phoenix 100mm wheel and a $50 gift certificate at CJS at the Shields competition, which I traded in both for dual 110 wheels, so I can't complain about the price myself. However, with a feel like this, I'm willing to pay for these wheels if somehow they do break or dehub -- which I don't see happening any time soon.

The thing I like most about Phoenix wheels is they seem to absorb landings a little bit which makes them good to ride for big gaps or stair sets. They seem a bit faster in park than in street, although that could just be me. If I were to compare the feel of a Phoenix wheel on smooth concrete, I'd probably have to say it feels like Ice skating, but instead of skates, you're riding on shoes made of butter.

I recommend these wheels to anyone who is tired of a conventional feeling wheel. You will not regret spending the extra $20 on these, as compared to most scooter wheels. Everyone that has ridden my scooter has complimented the dialled, smooth feeling of these wheels.

IFh89.jpg

Patscooters

Bronze member
Proto Brass Knuckles SCS:
Pros:
Comes with everything you need.
Cheap Standard-$69.95 Baby-$64.95
Comes in two styles standard and baby
Both come in 6 colors gold, silver,grey, black, purple,blue and red.
Lightweight many people say they are heavy but it doesn't really make a difference.
Looks stylish has a good design.
Cons:
Not really many cons still a great product.
it is hard to tighten the compression cap because the allen wrench doesnt reach the horizontal way and if you strip the bolt it is very hard to tighten and it becomes loose.
(If you tighten it very tight at the beginning you will be fine.)
It's hard to strech it(if you use a nickel you will be fine.) If you use a dime it will get stuck in your scs.

I like how unique the scs is and many companies might try to copy the scs but it can't compare to the original.
It's pretty much impossible to break.
It is good that you can change the height of your bars and you dont need slits to tighten them you can also use oversized bars with no slits.
People say that scs cannot be dialed but my friend got his dialed as a basketball.
Great product and definately worth the cheap price. Probably the best compression on the market.
proto.jpg

protobigscs.jpg

Proto senior fork review
Goods
Very strong fork legs an forktube I have been ridin mine forba good amount of time now and nothing has bent, plus I got it used

The ammout of offset feels really good and you can feel hoe much more control you have over your scooter

Cons
To most people it's "heavy" but to me^ idc haha

Had to stretch scs to fit it but it's no big deal just kinds hard to take it off

I'd give it a 5/5 probably the only fork I'll ride

Micah.

Steel Member
The long awaited C4 metalcore review!

Pros:
sexy
Fastest wheels I've ever ridden
Come in a variety of colors
Owner is extremely legit
Cheap shipping
Come with candy for some reason
Extremely cheap wheels

Cons
Bad back wheel (mine dehubbed in five weeks in the back)
Hard to get bearings out.

I've been riding these wheels for about a month and a half. I absolutely love them. Only problem is that I dehubbed my back wheel a few daysago, but I just told the owner and he sent me two free wheels. Great deal buy them nowp

Maz.

Steel Member
Phoenix Phorx reveiw:

Pros
- It's super light And very strong. Made 0f TT06 heat treated aluminium.
- Comes with a built in starnut, so it's really easy to use with an scs as there is no need to install a starnut.
- Only seen about 1 or 2 broken.
- with it being laser etched and anodised makes it look really nice.
- comes with a proper bolt, not a standard hollow axel.
- The offset feels just right, and the fork legs are and feel very sturdy and reliable when you are riding it.
- fits Madd gear deck perfectly with out modding because the fork tube is a bit shorter than usual, but also fits any other deck aswell. Also is good for pegless smiths.
- Great for footjams, especially with an MGP deck.
- It has no welds so no weak points, all beatifuly CNC machined, and it also comes in 5 sick different colours: Silver, Black, Red, Blue and purple, also a very nice looking laser etched phoenix logo on the side of the fork.
Cons-
- You can't use it with ICS compression because of the built in starnut, you can only use with SCS or HIC, with ICS there are mods to make it compatible such as drilling out the starnut.
- Putting on the crown race is pretty hard it took me about 20-30 mins, but that makes the fork better in the long run i guess and alot more solid.
- Pretty expensive $89.99 or £79.99 but it's worth it.

Overall its a good fork, light and good looking, and when you put your wheel in it, its really tight fitting and will never come loose.Makes any other forks look abit out of date with all the technology used especially witht the built in starnut. And works with a proto SCS and any HIC but not ICS [ unless modified where you have to drill the starnut out ],
0112031.jpg
phoeni9.jpg

9/10

Kroto

Steel Member
MGP NINJA DECK

Pros
- 4" deck plate
- VERY cheap for a strong deck
- Unique one piece design,
- Great weight redistribution

Cons
-Only comes in 2 colors
-Some people say the head tube is hard to hang 5 on
-HTA in some peoples opinion
-Looks also all personal preference
-The brake is pretty hard to get in

Over all its a great deck for a great price good for Learner's and Experts 5/5 Stars :)

images

cralle

Bronze member
C4 metalcore wheels

Good

-Cheap
-Really nice for street with 90A hardness and works good for park too
-Cheap shipping(13$ to Sweden)
-Easy to install bearings
-Holds up very well for the price

Cons

-Only comes in 100 MM
-Few colour to choose from
-Ovalised bearing slots so the wheel wobble abit

Kevin Lo

Bronze member
RAD Crowbars & RAD Vultures
Pros: Come up to 22 wide on Crows, 24 on Vultures and can be cut down to 17 w/ Crows and 19 w/ Vultures without the grips curving much.
Come in both HIC and Standard, and can be used with pretty much any compression system.
Very strong and have clean welds.
Good for big or small riders.

Cons: When be rode with HIC, the slit may crack do you pressure.
And Vultures have been discontinued.
Overall 9/10

I recommend that you put the clamp over the slit when HIC is being used.

TSI Flowmaster:
Pros: Very good and durable deck that includes TWO brakes.
It is very good for flowing parks and big street riding.
The deckplate can be changed up to your preference because of the deck bolting system (4.0, 4.5, 5.0 or maybe a homemade)
The length is 20 which is good for 180 tricks because it is pretty long.
It includes a flexfender which in my opinion is the best braking system available.
It is built to flex and absorb shock for less impact.
Cons:
The bolts on the deckplate may strip and it may cause your deck to make a little cracky noise when you do a bunny hop.
It may make your scooter undialed a bit :(
& The back axle method is not so good, because the washers may not go in BUT can be fixed putting the handle of a hammer inbetween the squares of the deck and pushing it to any side to widen the deck.

BrandonWeir

Steel Member
Lucky Pro deck 4.5 ($119.99+):
http://www.luckyscoot.com/scooter-decks/lucky-pro-scooter-deck/

Pro's:
-You can buy with an EVO head tube with choices between an 82 and 79 degree head tube angle ($159.9
-You can buy with Mob griptape (Installed: +$6.00, Uninstalled: +$4.00). Keep in mind Mob griptape is usually 5 or 6 bucks in skate shops.
-Can buy with any Lucky brake.
-Pretty good for grinding because of the width of the design on the bottom.
-Can use flex fenders or spring brakes.
-Comes with brake bolt, spring, back axle, axle spacers, and bolts for head tube (If you don't buy an EVO headtube).
-If you live in the NW, you'll probably get it extremely quick, mine only took two days to get to my house.

IF YOU RIDE IT WITH A RAZOR PRO HEADTUBE:
-Very strong and solid feeling if you tighten the head tube bolts good.
-You can customize your head tube angle based on what head tube you use (Razor Pro's are around 82, Old A's are around 83).
-If you snap the head tube holder thing, you can e-mail Lucky and they'll most likely send you a new one.
-If you decide to later, you can get an any other Lucky headtube, or a Zero Gravity head tube to replace your Pro head tube.

Con's:
-Can be bananad if you land tricks in the center of the deck.
-The head tube bolts that come with it snap easily, sometimes before the head tube is tight enough to ride, but can be solved by a quick trip to home depot.
-It takes A LOT of torque to get the head tube solid. You'll tighten it as much as you can with a normal wrench and it'll be nowhere near solid. I would highly recommend the right size sockets along with a torque wrench or a bar to put over a small wrench for torque.
-Flex fenders can be a bitch if you don't know what you're doing.
-The tips of the dropouts can bend just like a razor deck, which can be annoying when you're putting your back wheel spacers in.
-Takes some getting used to, but its worth it cause once you're used to it you can laugh at your friends who can barely bunny hop on it no matter how good they are.

Overall it was a great deck, I never had any problems with it. It was my first legit deck after riding Razor Pro's and old A's for years. Well worth the money. Just make sure you get the 4.5 if you ever plan on getting a different deck later on. Cause if you get a 4.0, no one will ever buy it off of you.
167515_1821846146894_1262402977_32128266_1421127_n.jpg

Try not to laugh at the design.

BenJelinek

Administrator
Staff member
District v.2 Deck
This deck has many good characteristics to it that make it a very unique deck. First the pros of this deck truly make it one of a kind. So let us take a look at the goods and the bads.
Pros:
- The feel of this deck is extrodinary. Your trick capacity literally grows when you get this deck. Everything is so much easie and you will learn more tricks in a jiffy.
- It looks super cool. I mean really it's a handsome deck with all the different paint jobs you can get on it. Really nice graphics too.
- It is super light. What is it... Um. 2.4 pounds or so?
- A nice laid back headtube angle, specifically 81.5. I am a fan of this as it makes whips and such easier.
- The price on an aftermarket deck doesn't get much better then this. If you can't afford this deck then it's time for your parents to get off the couch.
- Much stronger than the v.1. District outdid themselves this time, it can handle quite the weight as long as your nOt Boston, or out jumping el toro everyday.
- Very nice weight distribution. It may weigh as much as an anorexic cat but the weight is still distributed quite well.
- One of the most splendid braking systems on the market. I'm not going to explain it to you mofos, but trust me on this one. It's undialed when u get it, but shove a piece of cardboard in there or some bike tube and you are set with a super dialed and almost fixed fender.
The cons
- Really isn't the STRONGEST deck you can buy but it will hold up for a while don't worry about the strength.
- The graphics come off easy. Not to big of a deal and also a pro for all you Bums who like to take em off.

Order from http://www.titetoyz.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=37&zenid=vvniv6sn2vhqm9qpjroe4quti4
Or some other site. ($94.99) on average. It's a steal guys go get one NOW!
mzKEhl.jpg

BrandonWeir

Steel Member
Yak Scat Metal Cores ($17-20 for one, ~$34 for a pair):
http://blazinride.com/scooterwheels.html

Pro's:
-PERFECT beginner wheel.
-Fairly fast, wear down slowly.
-They're surprisingly smooth.
-If you're a clean rider, they won't dehub on you.
-Very very good for their price
-Don't ovalize very easily.
-Come in multiple colors

Con's:
-Not a good wheel for really hard landings, or if you're someone who does high drops going really slow, because the core could bend a little.
-On mine, the glue that holds the urethane on is starting to come out between the core and the urethane in one spot, which is pretty unusual because the Urethane shows no sign of slipping off.

I think this wheel gets a lot more hate than it should. Although it seems to be pretty inconsistent in its performance. From almost everyone I've talked to about these, I've heard the same thing: "ohhhh I dehubbed them after one tailwhip on flat ground". Most of those people probably didn't follow the first thing you should do when you get metal cores. You should ride them around for a little while, so the glue will move to the key pressure points, then you let them rest overnight, THEN you do tricks. I've seen all kinds of wheels dehubbed immediately because of a persons failure to do this simple thing.

Overall, for the price, I would give these wheels a 9/10. Anyone just starting out should definitely buy a pair of these. I'm a pretty hard rider, and I've been riding one in the back for months now. It's only worn down a few mm and has gone through learning double whips flat, trying to learn 540's on banks, learning bar to whips, and trying to get triple whips dialed.

yak_scat_green_i.jpg

Zach!

Steel Member
MADD GEAR BATWINGS

pros:
-have no backsweep that most bike style bars do

cons:
-paint chips easily
-i bent my steering tube in a couple of days
-bent the handle parts in 2 weeks
-bent them riding flat

so they suck

Stackies

Steel Member
Lucky Smx Forks
Pros:
-Perfect offset
-Great for front end tricks
-Comes in several unique colors: Purple,Green,Orange,Blue,Black and Silver
-Lucky will include or put a star nut in it for you
-Perfect for footjams

Cons:
-Hard to run pegs on
-Starnuts mess up sometimes
-Fork tube gets thicker as you go down, So if you have baby scs you have to use spacers

Really good forks Love mine 10/10

Lucky Smx Forks
Pros:
-Perfect offset
-Great for front end tricks
-Comes in several unique colors: Purple,Green,Orange,Blue,Black and Silver
-Lucky will include or put a star nut in it for you
-Perfect for footjams

Cons:
-Hard to run pegs on
-Starnuts mess up sometimes
-Fork tube gets thicker as you go down, So if you have baby scs you have to use spacers

Really good forks Love mine 10/10
isint ace of spades riding a mgp with smx and baby scs with no spacers?

i know were not supposed to post if its not a review but i thought it was important to add

ConnorD

Steel Member
FSA pig DH PRO headset:
D_205%20FSAPP5.jpg

PROS:
-amazingly smooth, as soon as i got it in, it spun like butter
-Super strong
-Never once had a problem with it, I had it for 6 months and would still be riding it if i hadnt switched to integrated.
-Sealed bearings, super low to no maintenance.
-Super beefy

CONS:
-Heavy for some people, weighs half a pound i think. I didnt notice it much
-Crown race is a little hard to get on, but nbd
-Oversized bottom cup, might not fit into every deck (NOT SURE, but its a possibility, I didnt have that problem)
-Expensive in some places

OVER ALL:
I would DEFINATELY x100 recommend this headset to anyone with a standard headtube. Well worth the money, will last you ages with hardly any maintenance. I still have one in near perfect condition in my basement, keeping it in case i happen to get a razor deck as a spare.

Zero gravity spider deck
IMG_6859-e1291798360783.jpg

PROS:
-Looks really clean, original design
-tailwhips feel really balanced and controlled
-very stable, and a great weight and headtube angle for bowl/park riding.
-not very many weak spots because there is no welds
-integrated headtube
- there is sort of a pocket at the dropouts, great place for grabbing, perfect for toboggans, supermans
-grinds really smooth, just a TINY bit awkward at first because of the curved bottom, but you get used to it really quick. It actually does make grind to whips easier.

CONS:
-Some might not appreciate the 82.5* headtube
-hard to get the back axle in, had to use a mallet.
-A little bit of a hassle to get the back wheel in, you have to make sure the bearings are in all the way.
-A bit hard to clean the bottom
-For actual riding/strength, no complaints. I have to say it is the best deck I've ever ridden.

OVER ALL:
I would recommend this to anyone who rides alot of tranny and park, especially if you like bowls. Very stable, nice and fast tailwhips, and you feel safe on it. Quite decent for flatground. If you have a flowy style, this is the deck for you.
Well worth the money, even if it is a bit of an investment, the deck and headtube are interchangeable so in the long run it will save you money on broken decks or headtubes.
And if the bolt connecting them breaks, well, that's not very expensive.

Quebec Scooters Fork
qcsfork1.JPG

PROS:
-Very, very light; weighs about as much as a stock razor ultra pro fork.
-Sturdy and strong, I have had this fork for about 10 months now, and it still shows no signs of weakening.
-Nice for riding with pegs
-Built-in starnut (works perfectly with ICS too if you select that option)
-Nice wall thickness and leg thickness

CONS:
-Bottom of fork (where crown race sits) is completely flat, possibly posing problems with integrated headsets
-Does not fit stock razor axles
-Race is hard to get on (most forks are this way, but still would have been nice to get on easy)

OVER ALL:
This is a very well made fork, quality metal is used, and has been able to keep up with my riding for ages. Incredibly light, so my scooter is very well balanced right now. Works great with all 3 types of compression, and the only problem I have ever had with it was the slight incompatibility with some integrated headtubes (Can be easily fixed with a grinder and 5 spare minutes.) I would definately say this is a good buy, especially now that they are even cheaper.

Ham.

Steel Member
SenioR fork Review:

Pros:thick strong legs
easy to fit wheels into it
10.5mm offset feels really good
gusseted

Cons:Heavy(for weight freaks)
had to stretch the scs to get on and off
the high offset(for some people)
bulky looking

Overall: definatley a good fork, i would recommend this to anyone who wants a trong fork that will not break and provide an amazing performance.

Beansss!

DSA Dominator Fork review:

Pros:
Pretty thick fork tube
Currently one of the cheapest threadless Forks ($55)
Gusseted
Threadless version comes with ICS
Comes with crown race installed

Cons:
Only comes in black
Pretty Generic looking
Only comes in 10mm offset

Overall: Its a pretty good fork for the price. It's sure to last you a while.

Cheezel

Blunt AOS Deck

PROS
Light
Great Brake system
Smooth Grinds
Good headtube
Great Colours

CONS
Not the best for Footjams

And that's about it!

Blunt_AOS_Deck.jpg