Ask Hep Greg, Margaret & Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steezeman

Administrator
Is it actually possible to eat somone's asshole? I've heard it been said before, but never seen it in practice.

Disclaimer-It's a joke, I have seen it in practice.

Tom6

Hey Greg, what punk bands are their that dont really scream shit at yu that are pretty good, i listen to like the Dks, Casualties,Pennywise etc so yeah

dre

NOFX maybe?

I dunno, I haven't listened to them in a really long time, and Greg would probably be able to give you like 18 band names anyway so meh.

matttttt

Margaret said:
McFearless- Kings of Leon
Wet and Rustling- Menomena
gasoline- the new york howl
Little Elf -the out crowed

btw if you cant find these songs you can im me ill send them to you to hear.

Kings of Leon are good i didn't know anybody really listened to them. they can be weird at first, but after a while they grow on you..my sis got me into them haha

Sshields32

Steel Member
Tom.W. said:
Hey Greg, what punk bands are their that dont really scream shit at yu that are pretty good, i listen to like the Dks, Casualties,Pennywise etc so yeah
Anti flag
bomb the music industry!
Black flag.
Lars frederiksan and the bastards.

I dont listen to much punk.

But Speaking of lars frederiksan, does anybody listen to them?

Jordan Jasa

Silver Member
Margaret said:

yea, i'll try to catch you online.

couldn't find the 3rd song.

Hep Greg

Administrator
Tom.W. said:
Hey Greg, what punk bands are their that dont really scream sh!t at you that are pretty good, i listen to like the Dks, Casualties,Pennywise etc so yeah

Pennywise
A Wilhelm Scream
Millencolin
Agent Orange
Bouncing Souls
Dead Milkmen
Dillinger Four
The Explosion
Lagwagon
NOFX
Rancid
Social Distortion
Strike Anywhere
The Vandals
Suicide Machines

Jordan said:
Margaret said:

I have it, and im usually always online.
you can get it from me as well.

felinaferoz

The name is Margaret
Jordan said:
Margaret said:

http://www.newyorkhowl.com/

its on the right bottom side in the right scroll box.
theres a player look for the song its in there.

actually listen to all of it, theyre fucking awesome.

seankane

Hep Greg said:
Tom.W. said:
Hey Greg, what punk bands are their that dont really scream sh!t at you that are pretty good, i listen to like the Dks, Casualties,Pennywise etc so yeah

Dillinger Four

definitely definitely definitely listen to d4. it migt take you awhile to get into them because the vocals are kind of harsh, but they're so good.

Hey greg this might be more of a question for brian boston but i'm really getting back into hardcore type music and is there any bands that i've never heard of that is kind of like greeley estates

Behlau

Steel Member
Shelby Grimnes said:
Hey greg this might be more of a question for brian boston but i'm really getting back into hardcore type music and is there any bands that i've never heard of that is kind of like greeley estates
Old Emarosa is good. Check out their album "This Is Your Way Out".

Hep Greg

Administrator
i always mix up the types of electronic/techno music...

you might wanna wait til margaret posts in here, but all the different types of techno and stuff are differentiated by how they sound, usually by the bass in the song and how fast the music is. electronica is more of a rock genre, but it incorporates synthesizers and computers into the music as well as real instruments, whereas techno/house/dance/hardstyle/gabba and all that stuff are primarily all computer generated sounds.

again, im not into techno and all that stuff, i just like electronica. so you might wanna wait for margaret to post in here for a complete answer.

seankane

Shelby Grimnes said:

i dont listen to much of that stuff anymore, but i'd say sky eats airplane, drop dead gorgeous, i set my friends on fire, haste the day, norma jean, heavy heavy low low, the jonbenet, enter shikari, ed gein, and the number 12 looks like you.

those are all decent bands, but i'd definitely recommend checking out at the drive-in, a kiss for jersey, older thrice (the artist in the ambulance is a killer cd), fugazi, kid dynamite, refused, and hot water music.

i threw a bunch out there since i'm sure you've heard of half of them. and i'd definitely recommend checking out that second group of bands that i listed, a lot of them are what make up the roots of post-hardcore. it might take a while to get into them, but they're all really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.