Bearing SUPER THREAD!

tarrymonz

so your bearings are messed up because of the water you rode through, or riding on dirt has screwed your bearings. you think you have to go buy new bearings, but then you find a solution and fix your bearings.
so many people know this trick to rocket ship bearings, but many are lacking the knowledge.

what you need is a solvent of some type (methylated spirits, mineral turpentine, rubbing alcohol etc.) that will help dissolve whats messing with your bearings, and clean out your bearings.

a container (to let your bearings soak in with the solvent)

a lid (optional) so you can shake the container for a better clean

a lubricant (optional) to coat the bearings to prevent rust

1. pour the solvent into the container
2. add the bearings and lid
3. shake the container for a good 20 seconds
4. let the bearings soak for 5-20 minutes
5. give the bearings a final shake
6. remove and dry the bearings
7. coat your bearings in something to prevent rust (i use chest rub or grease)
8. put the grease or lubricant in the bearing slot for an easier spin
9. just ride

your bearings may take a while to fully dry and break in to reach full potential
but once you ride them they are sweet

dont post comments saying to 'buy a new set of bearings instead'
because using this tutorial you get bearings that perform the same at a fraction of the cost

Roycee

dude bearings make like no difference, just ride pro models bearings, its the wheels that judge how fast you go

tarrymonz

dude bearings make like no difference, just ride pro models bearings, its the wheels that judge how fast you go

so rusted bearings in pro models are the same speed as brand new swiss ceramics, then whats the use of good bearings

the wheel has some influence, but the bearings are the main reason scooters are fast

stukwon-do

so rusted bearings in pro models are the same speed as brand new swiss ceramics, then whats the use of good bearings

the wheel has some influence, but the bearings are the main reason scooters are fast

Nah mate, Bearing do have some effect but I've found that Shit bearings with good wheels is a lot faster than Shit wheels with good bearings.

Riley Hughes

Steel Member
(i use chest rub or grease)

chest rub? ahahahhaa wtff

EDIT: after reading the posts before mine, i have to say that bearings are the main reason wheels are fast. i got these baddddass bearings and put them in my crappy hyper-mach 2 wheels, then put those same bearings in my 110 eagle and they both spun the same speed, i felt like i was going the exact speed.

Remco

don't forget to remove the dustcaps from the bearings before you put them in the solvant! Otherwise it wont be cleaned as well.

CTRider

You can clean them way better if you pop the shields off. I pop the shields off, soak in mineral spirits, dry and remove the rest of the solvent with an air compressor, then put two drops of oil in them, then replace seals.

tarrymonz

You can clean them way better if you pop the shields off. I pop the shields off, soak in mineral spirits, dry and remove the rest of the solvent with an air compressor, then put two drops of oil in them, then replace seals.

mineral spirits, holy shit it must be strong, sounds like a combo or methylated spirits and mineral turpentine

stukwon-do

I do this also. The compressed air really helps a lot.

pop off the shiels and spray the inside with dry sylicone spray until all the dirt is out then fill it with bearing grease and put the shield back on.