BS-FS-Stances-All you need to know thread

yeah that cleared up alot, its going to be hard saying front and back vs inward and outward for me since im used to saying inward.

thx for that bk <3 and jesse<3

Eric Magray

Steel Member
brandon kilbury said:
you do a 180 while your scooter tailwhips the opposite way, catch, then throw the next 180 and land. if you ask me i guess it would make more sense to make it a 180 downside whip, but its 360
and if anyone else thinks it should be called 180 downside whip and doesnt understand why its called 360, ill tell you

downside whip only refers to the direction of the whip from reference to the spin not the fact that you 180 in it (you dont call an air a 180 air do you?). its called downside whip because the term was created to refer to a whip in opposite direction of the air when riding in vert, hense when you do a downside whip in vert the deck whips down instead of up. so technically when you do a downside whip to fakie its really a 180 downside whip but you just say downside for short. add another 180 and that is how you get the 360 downside whip

bk, i dont know if you wanna add that but its just there now in case people are wondering

sirflips

brandon kilbury said:

RAILS
say your riding up to a rail, more often than not you are to one side of it and coming in at a slight angle. now lets say you are regular and your toes are facing the rail as you ride towards it, this is FS, since your FRONT is facing the rail. if your regular and the rail is to your left, your heels are facing it, and it is BS since your BACK is facing it. same goes for any type of grind, no matter what grind it is, it is fs if your front is facing it as you ride up to it, and bs if your back is facing it.

i thought that rails were fs/bs depending on what way you pun to get on them, for reg. spinning to the left is bs and to the righht is fs. since even on a feeble gring your still spinning and smith grinds your opposide cuz you like alleyoop to get on

ScooterKurt

Bronze member
Hey i was just wandering

Sex change u know the move they do on a skate board can u do that on a scooter .

like during tailwhips and what not coz ive done it b4 but didnt know if some1s already done it.

Jordan Jasa

Silver Member
lol dude, thats not really a trick, most people don't say sex change, but i know i do them during heelwhips, and switch whips, other people prolly do to.

nice avatar haha

Warder

In skateboarding, the definitions are confusing and are used very inconsistently depending on what kind of trick is performed. A trick that involves rotation (such as a 180 ollie) is called frontside if after the first 90 degrees of rotation the skateboarder is facing forward. The exceptions to this rule are fakie tricks, for which the definition is reversed. For example, a fakie frontside 180 (also known as a frontside half-Cab) looks like a nollie backside 180 but it is referred to as frontside because it is essentially a frontside 180 performed while going backwards. The fakie exception does not cover switch tricks, which are named like regular tricks.

For rotations a simple rule is: clockwise is backside for regular-foot skaters. Clockwise is frontside for goofy-foot skaters. This simple rule apllies in all stances (normal, switch, fakie, nollie).

For slides and grinds, the trick is called frontside if the skateboarder approaches the obstacle with his chest facing it. This is somewhat counterintuitive in tricks like the backside board slide where the skateboarder approaches the obstacle with his or her back towards it but then turns 90 degrees and slides forward. The fakie exception mentioned above does not cover these tricks.

If you're in doubt what to name a slide/grind imagine doing the trick on a ramp. For instance the boardslide on a ramp is a backside move, though you'll have to ollie frontside to get into it on street obstacles.

Jordan Jasa

Silver Member
TomBorsari said:
i spin the opposite way i tailwhip. how do i 360 tailwhip?
either do an oppo spin or an oppo whip, or not do them at all. or i guess you could do a 360 downside whip.

i always thought if my toes were facing left and i spun left it would be front side. doesnt that mak sense? cause if i was regular and did a bs spin. id spin counter clockwise with my back leading, so wouldnt that be backside?

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
Crackthesky said:
i always thought if my toes were facing left and i spun left it would be front side. doesnt that mak sense?
Backside. Like in the post above, if your 90 degreese into the spin and your back is facing forward, its backside. If you spin right and your chest if facing forward, its frontside.

Rory.c

u could either 360 heelwhip, or spin oppisite so u can throw the whip the right way, or u could just learn to tailwhip the right way... alot easier

zprestoe

this is a sick thread
thanks for clearing all this up bk
<333
i air the opersite way i tailwhip
and 360 the oppo way i whip.
so i can only dowside aiur and downside 360.

any help?