Camcorder super thread

Jordan Jasa

Silver Member
CAMCORDER SUPER THREAD (LOOK HERE IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CAMCORDERS)

did you even read the first post?

look for panasonic gs series or sony handycams.

cas13

Bronze member

well i need to know thread sizes cause i need a fish eye and if somebody recomends a camera then i know its not complete trash and i also need to know if it's compatible with windows movie maker

i can get a good still shot with a flip camcorder

TomHarris

Jordan Im Looking For a CamCorder Around $450- $600 AU! What do u suggest that will do me the job for filming clips at skatepark street etc. easy uploadble and works on windows movie maker.
Thx.

Jordan Jasa

Silver Member

TomHarris said:
Jordan Im Looking For a CamCorder Around $450- $600 AU! What do u suggest that will do me the job for filming clips at skatepark street etc. easy uploadble and works on windows movie maker.
Thx.
idk how much that is in USD but again, any mini dv camera will be good. look for some legit aussie sites that sell cams and find some in your price range and we can see if they're any good.

TomHarris

ok jordan it is $370-$500 us and ok if i find some sights i will post here and tell me what u think, thnaks.

Max Kernmayer

Bronze member

anyone know wich is better, Canon HG10 or Canon HG20? I searched about it in the internet but didnt really found a good answer..

humpurple kushiones

Steel Member
gs320 or hv30? I really like the 3 ccd in the 320 and really dont like the colors in the cmos in the hv30. and should i get a cap cam to capture footy?

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
Its up to you. HV30 is HD and has 24P. GS320 is 3ccd but SD. If your just shooting to put stuff on youtube i would probably got with the GS, easy to capture and edit footage with.

Kevin Lo

Bronze member
Well I need help with my Sony MiniDV DCR-HC38. I don't understand how you record over the tapes. I also don't know what firwire cable to use and how to put it in. I know its 4 pin to what though. I have a Windows computer, do I need a new drive?

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
Well I need help with my Sony MiniDV DCR-HC38. I don't understand how you record over the tapes. I also don't know what firwire cable to use and how to put it in. I know its 4 pin to what though. I have a Windows computer, do I need a new drive?
Don't record over tapes, its no good and you can loose valuable footage if your risk doing this.

Your computer needs to have a firewire card or port in it first off. You plug the 4 pin end into the camera, and depending on the computer (it could have a 4 or 6 pin port on it) you plug that part into the computer, open your favorite editing program and capture away.

Kevin Lo

Bronze member
So about my dcr-hc38 mini dv , I know I need a firewire cable now but, i dont have the firewire port to pull it into my computer.