PROTO Scooters: TDI & UBS Debut 2010

jare88

Jerry
First of all, mad props to andrew for everything. However, idk if anyone else has picked up on this yet. He says its going to be the best price to strength ratio because the decks extruded, this is true as extrusion is amazing value if you get enough made. However, the headtube will be an absolute bitch to manufacture with the sticking out bit, it would need to be almost fully cnc'd which is hugely expensive which contradicts the whole concept and the point of a non welded deck.

Anyone else see my point? Someone correct me if im wrong please, and dont get me wrong, i respect andrew for everything hes done to the scooter scene, so there aint any hating going on :)

Def see what you are saying, but im pretty sure the actual production model will look quite different from the scoot in the video so the headtube and deck wont look all fancy and will prolly be able to be completely extruded with out cnc

nz scoot

1.what pegs would be compatible with this deck
2.any idea when this will be for sale like what month becouse i dont live in usa so i dont know what 2010 holidays mean or are

DJ Lee

Steel Member
phoenix is gay proto dissy and ambush decks all the way

please tell me whats soo special about ambush. to me, its just a thicker one piece razor pro. they fucked up the brake thing too. also they dont really look that good

Zaηe

Keepin' Peace
Staff member
So why hasnt he made fake Broussard mustaches yet?
Im not old enough to grow one yet :(

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Didn't say they weren't, its just disrespectful. Simply saying "forget ***" when they came to our sport to provide us with some new products and technology is pretty dick just because someone is coming out with a new product.

Ryno496

Bronze member
who is going to sell your decks? and an i get a more exact time on when they are for sale? and people are saying 100 for deck, but how much for headtube?

Eric Magray

Steel Member
First of all, mad props to andrew for everything. However, idk if anyone else has picked up on this yet. He says its going to be the best price to strength ratio because the decks extruded, this is true as extrusion is amazing value if you get enough made. However, the headtube will be an absolute bitch to manufacture with the sticking out bit, it would need to be almost fully cnc'd which is hugely expensive which contradicts the whole concept and the point of a non welded deck.

Anyone else see my point? Someone correct me if im wrong please, and dont get me wrong, i respect andrew for everything hes done to the scooter scene, so there aint any hating going on :)

Even if the headtube is a little pricey it will be worth it. The headtube is meant to last almost forever and you just replace the cheap deck. The idea is to save money in the long run.

BenJelinek

Administrator
Staff member
Wing bars. And seriously, whoever is talking shit about Phoenix needs to shut up cuz there the best decks out there and its rude to say that their gunna go broke just cuz a new deck us coming out that no one has even rode yet, just saw a quick video. Who knows how these decks are really gunna be? If they turn out as sick as they seem, then Phoenix might have some competition but idk it looks pretty pricey. Just look at the zg spider decks. 280 bucks an how many have they sold? 3 or 4?

ConnorD

Steel Member
dont exxagerate on prices. the spider deck is 250, it comes with an integrated headset and a flexfender. The deck is just 30 bucks more than a phoenix, and its compatible with lucky decks.
and the proto deck will obviously sell alot more to begin with, they have a bigger fanbase and more people know about them. They have been around for a long time, and have earned respect.

Creative

Steel Member
proto need to make a new peg design, that like lock into the fork and deck or something? idk, i really wanna see proto pegs.