SCOOTER BAR SUPER THREAD! (A-M) All bar questions answered!

isahermit

Bronze member
When the MGP batwings are put anything besides a mgp how tall are they, i have heard some wierd things about there heights and lengths on things and want make sure. i have a v2i and some vertx smx, willt he bars be 23 high still. I looked around and couldnt find a proper place to post and i was looking for the height in here. haha

KMiller

whats the difference between oversized and regular bars?

The bars are thicker for oversized. But for district oversized bars the inner diameter of the bars are still standard size but the outer diameter are oversized. So oversized district bars will work with standard forks but I think any other kind of oversized bars you will need to get bigger forks or maybe there is a oversized peice that will slide over the forks. (I'm not exactly sure what you do to fit oversized bars on forks)

KMiller

Ok so I am looking at get the district V2i deck with lucky smx forks, then I am getting the oversized district al2 bars and I want to use tilt SCS. I know I need to cut the slits off of the bottom of the bars, so it will take about 2" off but then won't it add some height from the tilt SCS? I am shooting for 24" bar height so I am not sure what size AL2 bars I should buy to achieve 24".

Broccoli1

Bronze member
Ok so I am looking at get the district V2i deck with lucky smx forks, then I am getting the oversized district al2 bars and I want to use tilt SCS. I know I need to cut the slits off of the bottom of the bars, so it will take about 2" off but then won't it add some height from the tilt SCS? I am shooting for 24" bar height so I am not sure what size AL2 bars I should buy to achieve 24".

Just get the xl district bars, I think they're 26" anyway
If they're too tall with scs you can always cut them down

KMiller

Just get the xl district bars, I think they're 26" anyway
If they're too tall with scs you can always cut them down

Is there a star nut in the bar though? Is it at a certain spot? Can I just cut past it then just put it back in the bars? I am not sure what a star nut does.

Broccoli1

Bronze member
The bars are thicker for oversized. But for district oversized bars the inner diameter of the bars are still standard size but the outer diameter are oversized. So oversized district bars will work with standard forks but I think any other kind of oversized bars you will need to get bigger forks or maybe there is a oversized peice that will slide over the forks. (I'm not exactly sure what you do to fit oversized bars on forks)

Steel Oversize bars are not thicker, they have a bigger outside diameter as well as a bigger inside diameter than Standard bars.

OS bars are designed for HIC or Full size SCS

Aluminum bars are different: since they are ALuminum the wall thickness of the Tubing needs to be thicker to be strong enough. Since they have thicker walls the outside diameter makes them the same size on the outside as Oversize bars but the INSIDE diameter is the same as Standard bars.

You can only use Aluminum bars on ICS or Full size SCS

they are not compatible with HIC.

Broccoli1

Bronze member

I think TILT SCS only works with standard bars.
EDIT_ looks like TILT has 2 SCS

SCS= Standard and OverSize
SCS LT= Standard only

make sure you order the correct SCS :)

KMiller

Yeah I am gonna go with SCS so that means if I get the 25" district bars I can cut past the star nut and it will still be good to use with SCS?

Hi I have an envy prodigy 2016, I heard rattling after putting the bars on and dropping it so I trying to take the bars off to tighten the compression, I have found that the bars are stuck even when I use lube, and the compression is really loose now please help!!

Broccoli1

Bronze member
You'll need a 2nd person but try putting a Flathead screwdriver in the slit at the end of the bars and twist the screwdriver sideways- this should spread out the slit and make it easier to pull off the bars.

I've had to use a rubber mallet on my son's bars once. They can get stuck.