SCOOTER DECK SUPER-THREAD! All your scooter deck questions answered!

GRAYDONSHEDSSTREET

Silver Member
Yeah go for the scs+sledge. I ride 25 + scs (27ish idk) with a 21.25 and it feels great for me so 26 should be fine with the scs and deck
Edit also like 5'9

Hcc

Silver Member
I'm about 6 foot. Do you think it will look hella weird with my bars?
Well I'm only like 5'9 or 10 and I ride 26.5 - 27 depending on what bars I'm using at the time, I'd get an SCS and block the slit so they're at least 27.5 - 28 but it's up to you just ride whats comfy but personally I like my bars about waist height and having a longer deck so when I'm riding I'm not hunched and don't have to ride with my arms bent permanently

Nate_Robertson

Steel Member
Well I'm only like 5'9 or 10 and I ride 26.5 - 27 depending on what bars I'm using at the time, I'd get an SCS and block the slit so they're at least 27.5 - 28 but it's up to you just ride whats comfy but personally I like my bars about waist height and having a longer deck so when I'm riding I'm not hunched and don't have to ride with my arms bent permanently
Well if I got an scs I'd have to cut the slit off my HIC bars so really they would be about the same size even in SCS since I'd have to cut the slit

Nate_Robertson

Steel Member
Idk my bars are just below my hips they aren't super short. I'm just wondering style wise cause I see plenty of great riders with good style with bars that aren't hella tall. Idk I might just stick with my 26.

Ignacho

Silver Member
Also does anyone know If you have to use a headset spacer with a tilt leagacy and a sledge?
What scs do you have? Being that all TSI decks have the same headtube length, I didn't need to use one with my nimbus and hep greg thresh, but I also have the king size proto scs lol.

Tailwype

Hey guys !
I broke my Treshold deck in 2,after just 15minutes of skatepark riding,where I wanted to test my new cam,and I was wondering wich deck should I take. MY TSI was the 50.8 centimeters treshold,my crewmates are telling me to take a Stealth in 54 or a Flavor in 52 or 54,but I don't really know what to do... I love my TSI,but i'm kinda scared if I put 200€ (french) in a deck which breaks after 6 months of riding... Could you guys help me please,because I've always rode decks who are 51-52cm,I ride mostly a streetplaza park but I'll motivate myself to ride street as much as I can. And,I love riding pegless... Thank you and sorry if you see some english mistakes ! ;)
A little pic of my session...
250537tsi.jpg

Nate_Robertson

Steel Member
Hey guys !
I broke my Treshold deck in 2,after just 15minutes of skatepark riding,where I wanted to test my new cam,and I was wondering wich deck should I take. MY TSI was the 50.8 centimeters treshold,my crewmates are telling me to take a Stealth in 54 or a Flavor in 52 or 54,but I don't really know what to do... I love my TSI,but i'm kinda scared if I put 200€ (french) in a deck which breaks after 6 months of riding... Could you guys help me please,because I've always rode decks who are 51-52cm,I ride mostly a streetplaza park but I'll motivate myself to ride street as much as I can. And,I love riding pegless... Thank you and sorry if you see some english mistakes ! ;)
250537tsi.jpg
Get a Sledge

Phase Three

Silver Member
Hey guys !
250537tsi.jpg
static1.squarespace.jpg

Hcc

Silver Member
Also does anyone know If you have to use a headset spacer with a tilt leagacy and a sledge?
Nope, shouldn't need one. Depends if you have the old style Legacy forks or newer style. I had a pair in like 2013 that didn't need a spacer with a TILT SCS and a Dan Holm sig Thresh, but I got another pair that were older (I'd say they were bought when Legacy forks were first released) and I did need a small spacer, maybe 1 or 2 mm. I think the best way to tell what kind you have is via the top cap, my 2013 version of the Legacy forks had a slightly thinner fork tube at the top where the threads are and used a 5 mm Allen key for the top cap but the other forks used a 6 mm top cap. My Nimbus fork needs a spacer with a Sledge, but it's definitely less than 5 mm, it's only about a 1 or 2 mm spacer so I'd say just try it out, if you need a spacer go to a bike store and buy a 2 mm spacer