SCOOTER FORK SUPER-THREAD!! all your scooter fork questions answered!!!!

m1ck

why did u get threaded, they should be good for starting but they are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy weaker, dont worry though as i think they have liftime warranty so you're ok but if you get an option for replacing get threadless and then get some compression
I have been in this forum like 1 year now but i was too lazy to make an account so i know these things. The fork was on sale and it didn't cost like anything but it sucks that in 1 month it's fucked up :( even my razor fork lasted longer :D
And the fork has ridiculous thick forktube.

KMiller

I am going to get an envy for Christmas. I don't know about the headsets because I have only had razor scooters. So I plan on getting a envy AOS v2 deck, smith bars, IHC forks (I don't know exactly how they work but I am sure I would figure it out once I have them in my hands), then a 4 bolt clamp. So should I get the integrated headset or the battle headset? (I don't know what integrated means)

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
You're gonna want an integrated headset if you're getting the AoSV2. Integrated means that the headset cups are built into the deck, which the AoSV2 has.

scootLife

lucky smx v2, what size star nut is needed?

i was told by the bike shop i wanted to install the starnut for me that the one that came with my reventons headset,is a lil too big, and its the same size as the one that comes with a proto full knuckle...

Garrett B

Steel Member
lucky smx v2, what size star nut is needed?

i was told by the bike shop i wanted to install the starnut for me that the one that came with my reventons headset,is a lil too big, and its the same size as the one that comes with a proto full knuckle...

It's not too big it just takes a little more hammering, it will go in.

KMiller

I ended up getting lucky smx forks because I heard from a couple people that the tilt forks will not work with the district v2i deck, so I went with lucky smx's. I also got some tilt park pegs but the butt of the peg will not go up flush against the fork because of its shape, so I was wondering if its gonna be good when I tighten it up or I have a fork that I can't really use pegs on.

Kinda hard to explain but if nobody understands I will upload pictures whenever I get time.

issac p

Silver Member
you need a spacer between the peg and the fork. a bearing spacer will work just fine.
and tilt forks work just fine with districts.

lewishobbs

Steel Member
anyone know if the new scooterzone site installs starnuts into forks? or if the french id cnc fork come with a starnut already?

Foster

Steel Member
For those of you who have or have had a proto striker fork did your normal sized axle fit it it? Cause mine doesnt. Im debating whether i should just file down the holes a little and make an axle fit, or if I should just try and buy a smaller axle?