Snowboarding

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
I got a pair of '08 Burton Custom bindings if anyone wants to pick them up for cheap-ish. Size L, in the all black.

Seriously cannot wait to get on snow this year. I barely rode last year and I'm itching for it this year.

Not gonna lie I hated my old BOA boots soo much, the lacing system puts so much pressure on your ankle and is poorly designed imo. I could'nt walk after a day of riding them.

And yeah Tom we'll go a lot.

I love the BOA but only if its the dual boa like the binary. I agree that the single boa does suck, hurts one part of your foot and the other part is super loose.

Jake D

Bronze member
Not gonna lie I hated my old BOA boots soo much, the lacing system puts so much pressure on your ankle and is poorly designed imo. I could'nt walk after a day of riding them.

And yeah Tom we'll go a lot.

I hate everything about laces. honestly its worth it going around and finding a good boa boot. I thought I would be better off with laces, got forum tramps and boy was i fucking wrong. Disregarding the poor durability in that they had noodle flex after 20 days of riding, I was always the last person to strap in/go out, had to adjust them ~5 times a day, and they got loose as hell every hour. I had speedlace solomon factions first season of riding and they were amazing, i picked up a pair of them in boa so im keeping my fingers crossed

parrish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pumped to snowboard this year. Last year was the worst season we've had in the seven winters I've been in vermont, so I'm hoping for better this winter.

Ian P

Bronze member
I'm pumped to snowboard this year. Last year was the worst season we've had in the seven winters I've been in vermont, so I'm hoping for better this winter.

i know man it was absolutely terrible in Michigan too the snow on the kickers melted and you could hit like 70% or the rails at my hill

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
In places with not a lot of snow they build up dirt bases underneath the kickers like they do with half/superpipes so it doesn't use as much snow.

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
North Carolina ain't bad. Our mountains have the most snowmaking per capita (like, the most snowmaking coverage of the mountain) of like any mountains in the US.

Jake D

Bronze member
I wish my local mountain put dirt up for the kickers. by the end of the season the 20 footers are like 5 feet..............

charliemein

Steel Member
currently in val'disere

A97c_QACMAAa_wr.jpg:large