The Filming Netjiot. Things not enough to justify its own thread!

Derek Seay

My opteka fisheye isn't centered, like the circle or "Vig" isn't in the middle of the screen. Any way to get it straight? Or, is that just how they are?

Joe Riley

The Gypsy
Staff member
Some cameras, you can turn on steady shot and wiggle the camera and turn it off once it's even and it'll stay that way. It depends on the way steadyshot works in the camera.

Generally, people just fix it in post.

J SWEETS

I'M CB!
Some cameras, you can turn on steady shot and wiggle the camera and turn it off once it's even and it'll stay that way. It depends on the way steadyshot works in the camera.

Generally, people just fix it in post.

yeee, his handy cam will definitely not be able to do that trick, thats typically a trick on old cameras that run off CCDs.

you're just gunna have to edit in post mango.

yoyoflavored

Steel Member
For my hf m300 should I get a used 37mm century fisheye OR a bigger one like a 43, 52, or even a 58mm with a step up ring

Which would be sharper and have less vig?

Joe Riley

The Gypsy
Staff member
seriously if you're willing to invest money like that into a fisheye you should be willing to upgrade your camera first. an opteka 37mm babydeath is really all you need. the difference between opteka and century is minimal, especially considering HD since there's no vig and that was one reason why people liked them so much. a larger one with a spacer will be wider but i'm sure you'll have vig and zoom in anyway. it'll still be practically the equivalent of the 37mm.

yoyoflavored

Steel Member
I'm not spending any more then150ish on a lens for my camera, the 37mm lenses USED ruin around 100-150, and I found a 58mm for cheap on Ebay ago I'm just wondering :/

Joe Riley

The Gypsy
Staff member
a brand new opteka babydeath is $80. $58 on ebay brand new if you look hard enough. that's all you'll need.

Grant Schofield

Silver Member
Im gonna take the jump.....................Gonna get on that tape hype. So at first GL 1's were sick to me still are but ever since i started looking i have always thought Panosonics were cool, but i think its the 100a's they dont make replacement parts any more so your screwed if somthing happens. so i kinda didnt look at them. what should i be looking at? Price im trynna get a cam and lens for about 500, dont think that will hapen with a Panasonic.

D ∆ V I D

Basic Bunch
they do make replacements for a's and b's, not p's. the fix for the vap was approx 300. not exactly money i wanted to drop. so i gave it a temp fix by tapping it back into place. for 500, you gould get gl2 opteka cause they have no value

Tyler P

Bronze member
So I can buy a fisheye for a panny HDC SD9 and film with that or film with my T3 and I already have a fisheye.
The panny is my friend's but I can use it whenever I want.
What should I do?