What deck I need help

JoLo JoLevi

Bronze member
OK so I just broke my price of crap lucky strata deck and I need a new one suggestions on one that won't get shredded if I ride street and grind curbs and can handle a little park too. Thanks -Levi also I do a lot of grinding and like rails feeble slides and stuff like that

thealexbuffery

Gold Member
I was grinding and near the back wheal it wore down and just put hole in it and cracked
The deck only really broke then because of the grinds you do, as you mentioned you do grind curbs which can wear the deck down a ton

If the deck wasn't grinded down a lot it would've lasted quite a lot longer, so I guess the deck wasn't really that weak
If you love doing mostly grinds you should get a pair of Chromoly pegs, they'll help your deck dropouts last so much longer and you can always turn them when they wear. Also try aim to only grind on waxed ledges and any ledges with metal coping, they slide the best without wearing, concrete curbs will eat your deck haha

For a deck, get whatever you want but make sure you get pegs and wax if you haven't already and you should be good, but generally decks with good shaped dropouts (like Phoenix, AO, TSI, etc) would be good for you to get :cool:

Elliott SR

Bronze member
Alright thanks but that wasn't my main problem I need to find a nice deck I don't know a lot about decks
In my opinion, KOSs are really bad for grinding. Maybe cop a District DK2 or an Ethic erwan. The Erwan is 10 dollars cheaper and looks cooler in my opinion, but a DK2 has slightly better grinding in my opinion, however, I'm a little picky. They are designed by the same person but the erwan is supporting a rider owned brand, Ethic, instead of a corporation. This directly makes real scooter riders profit, instead of some businessman. This helps grow scootering for the future. I know its a bit hard to understand, but try to support rider owned brands.

Elliott SR

Bronze member
I was thinking about ethic lindword or a flavor but I don't know how strong they are
I'm looking to spend 120-190
Flavor is really strong, however it whips like it has a rock on the front. Ethic Lindworm whips nice but grinding is ehh. I HATE FLAVORS WHIPPING! I just do. If you are not super good at whips, don't get flavor. Thats my opinion

JoLo JoLevi

Bronze member
i will get back after i check out a couple decks

well i really dont know at this point i thought about maybe a envy aosv4

has anyone heard about the aztek tesla deck yet or ridden one befeore?

Last edited by a moderator:

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
I was thinking about ethic lindword or a flavor but I don't know how strong they are
I'm looking to spend 120-190
You want the flavor. It's literally a "better whipping", "better grinding" lindworm. I had a lindworm for 4 months before I gave it to a friend because I didn't care for the way it in general. I'm not sure what he did with it but it was pretty beat up when I gave it to him. Last time I saw it, the entire left dropout was just gone haha. Now the flavor and the lindworm ride pretty similarly, but I felt like the flavor had a better balance point making whips feel alot better. So not only the flavor whip better but it is also boxed which is obviously better for grinds which will be nice for you if that's what you like to do.

I've been riding scooters since '05 and I can say without a doubt that the flavor deck is one of the best decks I have ever had. I have had mine for over a year and it is still going strong.

thealexbuffery

Gold Member
i only really suggested the KOS because its a better deck for a beginner (assuming you are one) as its so light, responsive and isnt too big, so itll help you progress a lot easier and you'll probably be able to learn alot on one

after you're done with that deck though you should move on to bigger, stronger decks produced by better brands like Flavour, AO and such

its up to you in the end though, im just saying what i think would work best for you

Elliott SR

Bronze member
You want the flavor. It's literally a "better whipping", "better grinding" lindworm. I had a lindworm for 4 months before I gave it to a friend because I didn't care for the way it in general. I'm not sure what he did with it but it was pretty beat up when I gave it to him. Last time I saw it, the entire left dropout was just gone haha. Now the flavor and the lindworm ride pretty similarly, but I felt like the flavor had a better balance point making whips feel alot better. So not only the flavor whip better but it is also boxed which is obviously better for grinds which will be nice for you if that's what you like to do.

I've been riding scooters since '05 and I can say without a doubt that the flavor deck is one of the best decks I have ever had. I have had mine for over a year and it is still going strong.
I don't like the flavors whipping. I just don't like it. I ride a panda lol.