Your review.

Marketship

Silver Member
Been riding my 22 thresh since black friday so it might be time for a review.

22 inch Threshold by TSI
Pros:
The grinds are sex, probably the best grinding deck out there beside the sledges.
Insane durability and quality, I feel like I'm riding a slab of concrete and I could fight an army with this deck.
Foot space, this deck probably has the most foot space out on the market (length wise) even topping the 22.5 pandemonium because of the necktube.
Fakies, due to the size of this deck, in my case, fakies are so fucking easy, I could just cruise backwards for days.
Concave, not really a big point but the concave is perfect on this deck.

Cons:
Whips are pretty clunky, they feel slow and unresponsive compared to other lighter decks out on the market.
Price, a lot of people don't have $225 to spend on a deck these days, I only managed to get this deck because of black friday sales.

(All these opinions are based on a rider who is probably not the best at scootering)

8.5/10 would recommend

Last edited:

Chrispy

Silver Member
Been riding my 22 thresh for since black friday so it might be time for a review.

22 inch Threshold by TSI
Pros:
The grinds are sex, probably the best grinding deck out there beside the sledges.
Insane durability and quality, I feel like I'm riding a slab of concrete and I could fight an army with this deck.
Foot space, this deck probably has the most foot space out on the market (length wise) even topping the 22.5 pandemonium because of the necktube.
Fakies, due to the size of this deck, in my case, fakies are so fucking easy, I could just cruise backwards for days.
Concave, not really a big point but the concave is perfect on this deck.

Cons:
Whips are pretty clunky, they feel slow and unresponsive compared to other lighter decks out on the market.
Price, a lot of people don't have $225 to spend on a deck these days, I only managed to get this deck because of black friday sales.

(All these opinions are based on a rider who is probably not the best at scootering)

8.5/10 would recommend
How do manuals and nose manuals feel on it?
Is it snappy or more relaxed when youre doing tricks, is it balanced well?

Marketship

Silver Member
How do manuals and nose manuals feel on it?
Is it snappy or more relaxed when youre doing tricks, is it balanced well?
I can't manual for shit
Nose manuals feel fine for me but I do em weird I guess (according to peeps)

This deck is the opposite of "snappy", when I rode an ethic I felt like a hurricane with all the weird whips I was throwing, everything came out fast and instantly, and with the lightweight nature of that deck it felt... snappy... Your tricks came out like that *snaps*. So I guess it would categorize itself into more of a relaxed deck. You can't make the 22 do anything unlike other lighter decks, you just have to send your trick and let your body flow with the beast.

And with the subject of balance, it's no where near a perfectly balanced deck. If you want that buy an ethic. But they balanced it as much as they could for a 22 inch long deck and you'll notice that while riding. So the balance is alright but not the best.

GRAYDONSHEDSSTREET

Silver Member
Tsi T. house Thresh
Pros
Good for cruising
Grinds especially 50-50s are so easy that they feel cheap
Perfect size
Balanced well for me (my opinion)
Footspace
Great brake
Solid
Great quality
Looks great
Sticker is sick
Cons
Heavy (only notice this much in whips
Whips weird
Kinda expensive
Sticker started to peel slightly at bottom of ht

Jman

Steel Member
I've ridden a 21" thresh for the past two years but just got sick of the weight and stiffness. So recently I bought an Urban Artt Trail deck.
These are my first impressions and I'll be comparing it to the thresh:
-Light weight, I can wall ride higher. Thresh weighed nearly 3.5lbs even with speed holes.
-Low cost, 120AUD. Thresh was 205 + 50 for postage.
-The trail is also 21" long but the wheelbase is shorter.
-Width: same as thresh
-1/2" less foot space. Doesn't bother me.
-Less concave, no biggie.
-All the edges are smooth unlike a thresh.
-This deck has flex! Much more comfortable and responsive.
-Whips like a dream, I couldn't double flat on the thresh.
-Trail is easier to overcrook, feebles and 50-50s are very good too. (Yet to grind on concrete ledges)
-Manuals/nose manuals: different to thresh in a good way.
-The brake makes wheels flat. It's not adjustable so if your wheel is worn put some spacers in there to lower it.
-Head tube is the proper length, same as the thresh. like.
-Headset just drops in. Thresh needed a vice.
-The supplied axle is useless, replace it with a real one.
-A 13mm socket will not fit in the dropout, use a vice grip instead. Tighten it hard or it will rattle loudly.

Overall I'm very happy with the Trail deck.

Travis.Regnier

Steel Member
21 pandemonium Review, (came from riding a 20.5 flavor )

Pros so far
-Hella comfy, flexes a comfortable amount but you dont feel it very much
-insanely light, makes everytrick feel super effortless
-at first i didnt like grinding rails on it because i was used to the boxed flavor, now i love how it locks, super buttery
-concave is comfy, nice for catches/control
-one of, if not the best spaces design i've ever seen, super easy without any bull shit while putting back wheel on
-Axle that it comes with is actually decent, (5mm male/female axle) havent had any loosening issue with it
- its has a little flatter sides than the lindworm, i whore finger whips and it doesnt really feel any worse than a boxed flavor
-whips are sex, especially cause of the weight
-no headset installation problems
-brake is pretty much a plastic addict brake with a metal insert in the middle, doesnt where down wheels too much and brake doesnt melt after wearing to the metal
-drop outs are great so far, havent bent or anything yet
-super balanced even while running a "heavier" front end (tilt scs legacy forks and slaYers)
-4.75 feels great, deck has a wider addict type of feel to it IMO
-wider grind rails than lindworm
-83* HT, had it on my aosv3, then went back to 82.5* after it snapped, feels great to be back on 83*
-super solid but again, it has a buety flex to it
-deck also just looks so amazing

Cons so far
-While the brake is still braking on the plastic, it puts this weird plastic film on you wheel making it super slippery
-99% sure brake is 125 so i always trip over it
-overcrooks are kinda skethy
-doesnt smith as nice as the flavor
-way too many kids ask if its an addict or fasen
-price; if it lasts for a long time, i'll be fine with what i paid for it, seems pretty pricey for a deck made in china

Overall im very happy with it, favorite deck i've owned

addicted_to_Addict

Steel Member
Addict Michael Cajas deck:
pros:
light as hell
grinds smooth
Whips are super fast
Looks so nice
no flat sides (a pro because it's easier to wallride)
good length (20.5)
bottleopener

Cons:
snaps pretty fast
grinds through after a time
Comes with plastic brakes

Donny kim

District dk-2v2

Pros:

-fairly light at about 3 pounds

-good balance

-reasonable dropouts for feebles

-good price

-grinds well once broken in

Cons:

-paint sucks for grinding and takes forever to break in

-axle always comes loose and is a pain to install and remove

-plastic parts always fall out

-not very strong

-is too narrow for a 21 inch deck

7/10

Joe sandrez

Steel Member
flavor 22
pros
4.8x22 (IMO is a pro)
balanced
light for the size it is
whips like nothing
ridden for a year in a couple of weeks with no cracks or grooves as of yet

cons
only available in black or polished
head tube isn't standard length so most SCS/Fork combos need spacers

best deck I've ridden so far

Christian Turner

Bronze member
Proto Orion 21''

pros:
not that heavy
good lenght
nice widh (5'')
grinds good/smooth
much control on rails and so on
Looks kinda good
holds up Long
doesn't have flat sides (makes wallrides easier)

cons:
not that much footspace (like 36,5 cm)
rare (which is kinda cool but bad for those who want one)
Axel and spacers
non-integrated (not that of a Problem)

Last edited:

Beyond16

Bronze member
841 Enzo 125mm wheel verses River Rapid 110mm

I've had my first pair of 841 Enzo 125mm wheels for 2 1/2 months. Here is what they look like compared to River Rapids with the same amount of riding on them:
IMG_2383.JPG
Here is new and used for 841 and River:
IMG_2394.JPG
Both 841 and River have lost around 15mm in diameter:
IMG_2395.JPG
IMG_2397.JPG

All my riding is on the rough concrete of neighborhood streets. The 841 is easily lasting as long as the River wheel, and has far less chunking tendency. Traction is identical as far as I can tell. The 841 cost less and is a little faster too. For my type of riding, the 841 wins easily.

instinctscooter

Silver Member
841 Enzo 125mm wheel verses River Rapid 110mm

Both 841 and River have lost around 15mm in diameter:
View attachment 1718
All my riding is on the rough concrete of neighborhood streets. The 841 is easily lasting as long as the River wheel, and has far less chunking tendency. Traction is identical as far as I can tell. The 841 cost less and is a little faster too. For my type of riding, the 841 wins easily.
I see you use the best bearings ;). seriously though the razor ultra pro bearings were actually really good.