Staff member
Figured I would just post a bunch of Suffocation haha

Suffocation- Infecting the Crypts:
Suffocation - Sullen Days:
Suffocation - Souls To Deny:

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Honestly I couldn't care less about the different genres. Cannibal Corpse is one of the only death metal bands I like, the others are The Black Dahlia Murder and Whitechapel.
Moved this because I wanted to bump this thread lol. Never been to big of a fan of White Chapel, but The Black Dahlia Murder is pretty good. You should totally try diggin' into some more stuff, it's pretty addicting haha.

JasonxB

Steel Member
Moved this because I wanted to bump this thread lol. Never been to big of a fan of White Chapel, but The Black Dahlia Murder is pretty good. You should totally try diggin' into some more stuff, it's pretty addicting haha.
I've been listening to rap lately but my flavor is always changing, I'll delve back into metal sometime soon. :) \m/

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
I've been listening to rap lately but my flavor is always changing, I'll delve back into metal sometime soon. :) \m/
I remeber a couple years ago I TRIED getting into some rap, but I couldn't do it. I felt like I was listening to some dude talk with a beat behind him. I guess being a musician really changes how you hear music. I've created such a deep appreciation for metal these past couple years. Through it, my ear has gone through some serious training. I hear things the average ear wouldn't because I've grown so accustomed to such complex material. Sorry, I could literally talk about metal for hours without end because it's made such a positive impact on my life musically and mentally but whatever haha.

JasonxB

Steel Member
I remeber a couple years ago I TRIED getting into some rap, but I couldn't do it. I felt like I was listening to some dude talk with a beat behind him. I guess being a musician really changes how you hear music. I've created such a deep appreciation for metal these past couple years. Through it, my ear has gone through some serious training. I hear things the average ear wouldn't because I've grown so accustomed to such complex material. Sorry, I could literally talk about metal for hours without end because it's made such a positive impact on my life musically and mentally but whatever haha.
I used to play bass but I couldn't play metal for shit lol too fast for me. However I had fun playing stuff from Green Day, A Day to Remember, Blink 182, etc with my shitty band. A few years ago I couldn't listen to anything besides metal, but now I listen to all sorts of stuff, even a little bit of county lol.

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
I used to play bass but I couldn't play metal for shit lol too fast for me. However I had fun playing stuff from Green Day, A Day to Remember, Blink 182, etc with my shitty band. A few years ago I couldn't listen to anything besides metal, but now I listen to all sorts of stuff, even a little bit of county lol.
Yea, metal can be the biggest pain to play sometimes haha but I've gained so much respect and appreciation for the musicians that I look up too. And I don't always listen to metal either. I've got a lot of punk and old alternative stuff under my belt too. Black Flag, Descendents, Alien Ant Farm, Modest Mouse. And I know you're a big fan of AFI, and so am I. They were probably one of my gateway drugs into metal. I remeber feeling so cool for listening to AFI's Affliction haha.
on the subject of TBDM this album artwork looks very similar to TBDM's album Nocturnal.
I know a kid at school that rocks a TBDM Nocturnal back patch on his jacket. It looks real sweet. While I do enjoy that album, I think it's the other way around as December Moon was released in 1987 hahaha. But they do look almost identical. Black metal probably took me the longest to get into but I'm so glad I did. December Moon has got to be my second favorite black metal album (it's actually a demo CD but whatever haha). First being Panzerfaust by Darkthrone if you want some legit black metal to look up.

Holy long post lol

JasonxB

Steel Member
. I remeber feeling so cool for listening to AFI's Affliction haha.
That song brings back some memories haha, very unique stuff from AFI.
I know a kid at school that rocks a TBDM Nocturnal back patch on his jacket. It looks real sweet. While I do enjoy that album, I think it's the other way around as December Moon was released in 1987 hahaha. But they do look almost identical.
My bad didn't think about that

JasonxB

Steel Member
bands that introduced me to metal: AFI, Rise Against, Linkin Park, BMTH, Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides (lol), can't think of any more right now

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
bands that introduced me to metal: AFI, Rise Against, Linkin Park, BMTH, Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides (lol), can't think of any more right now
Other than the couple death metal bands you've already listed, what other metal do you listen to?

JasonxB

Steel Member
System of a Down, Chelsea Grin, Carnifex, Attila, Metallica, I Declare War, can't think of any others rn