All Genres of metal thread

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Most likely going to go see The Faceless, Rings of Saturn, After the Burial, and Toothgrinder on the 6th of November

instinctscooter

Silver Member
any of you guys like some of these bands: underoath, as i lay dying, august burns red, haste the day, impending doom, living sacrifice, oh sleeper

underoath the last:

this is such a good song, it is not the kind of music underoath is known for. also the song gets better as it goes on IMO so give it a listen if you wish

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
any of you guys like some of these bands: underoath, as i lay dying, august burns red, haste the day, impending doom, living sacrifice, oh sleeper

underoath the last:

this is such a good song, it is not the kind of music underoath is known for. also the song gets better as it goes on IMO so give it a listen if you wish
I actually really enjoyed that. I really felt some Black metal infuences in there; especially in the vocals. I really loved the string section at 3:00. I'm actually super into classical stuff and I've always loved the way black metal and classical fused together and with the Black Metal styles used in the song, they just seemed to work together. Thanks for that man, I'm going to have to look more into those guys.

I've really been into Cattle Decapitation lately. I've always known who they were, but I've just recently started to really appreciate the work they're doing. Especially in the Vocals. This has to be my favorite song by them right now. The middle section is just unbelievable.
After listening to these guys for awhile, I've decided that Travis Ryan has to be my favorite metal vocalist right now. The stuff he does is just crazy. There are parts where he rolls his tongue in some of his higher screams that I just can't seem to get enough of. (0:24) He also has some of the deepest growls I've heard on anyone. (0:37). My favorite part of this song is that middle section that starts at 1:26 and ends at 2:50. He does these melodic high vocals that are unlike anything I've before and it just shows that there is still so much potential left in metal vocals and it amazes to think that metal still hasn't even reached it's full potential yet and I just love that I'm young enough to be able to hear the genre grow. So yeah, listen to the song haha.

Edit: Don't feel like re-reading what I wrote so sorry if I sound faggy lol

Billie Rainbow

Silver Member
i know very few deathgrind bands but will agree on that voice, that rolling pronunciation on some bits is new to me and i love it, i bet he's not a smoker to have that range.

first i heard of dg was obviously from TH american wasteland, pig destroyer-gravedancer
that game and album was life back in the day, they should remake that.

also that aussie grindcore/sludge/punk band i posted awhile back, King Parrot, released an album back in april with the help of phil anselmo (ex pantera singer) beauty in raw from.

dub post but heres whats in my ear basically all day atm, Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabrah

This was written/produced by 3 PEOPLE! (not the orchestra duh) this is what i show people who dont believe metal has or even suits classical influence, they make it surreal and entrancing for myself and then the lyrics to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
will agree on that voice, that rolling pronunciation on some bit is new to me and i love it, i bet he's not a smoker to have that range if it is just one guy :D
Yea, he actually believes in keeping his body clean. Half the band is actually vegetarian. Most of the songs are about how the human race is beginning to go backwards because of how we treat ourselves, the garbage we eat (how we process almost all of our foods hence the name cattle decapitation which explains the meat market), how technology is taking over, about animal cruelty, etc. etc. But they also have their gore and filth thrown is there as they are a deathgrind band haha.

I'd recommend not looking it up, but if you want something absolutely disgusting to watch, look up their music video for the song, Forced Gender Reassignment. It's... literally exactly how it sounds. It may be the nastiest music video I have ever seen. You would have to google it since it got taken down by YouTube almost instantly lol. I would post the link but I know there are younger kids here and I don't want to scare them hahaha.

i know very few deathgrind bands but will agree on that voice, that rolling pronunciation on some bits is new to me and i love it, i bet he's not a smoker to have that range.

first i heard of dg was obviously from TH american wasteland, pig destroyer-gravedancer
that game and album was life back in the day, they should remake that.

also that aussie grindcore/sludge/punk band i posted awhile back, King Parrot, released an album back in april with the help of phil anselmo (ex pantera singer) beauty in raw from.

dub post but heres whats in my ear basically all day atm, Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabrah

This was written/produced by 3 PEOPLE! (not the orchestra duh) this is what i show people who dont believe metal has or even suits classical influence, they make it surreal and entrancing for myself and then the lyrics to boot.
Aw yea man, Pig Destroyer is killer. Along with THAW haha. And Dimmu Borgir is absolutely amazing. Their stuff is sooo good man

Last edited:

Billie Rainbow

Silver Member
Yea, he actually believes in keeping his body clean. Half the band is actually vegetarian. Most of the songs are about how the human race is beginning to go backwards because of how we treat ourselves, the garbage we eat (how we process almost all of our foods hence the name cattle decapitation which explains the meat market), how technology is taking over, etc. etc. But they also have their gore and filth thrown is there as they are a deathgrind band haha.

look up their music video for the song, Forced Gender Reassignment. It's... literally exactly how it sounds. It may be the nastiest music video I have ever seen.

I assumed that might be the case, just listening to the lyrics looks like reading my creative writing books.
On that topic heres something to ponder. If the animals know what is coming, slaughter, and if they feel fear and react chemically (hormones and like) like we do and that it may somehow transfer that foreknowledge to other animal of the same species, what of those chemicals that remain in the meat? might explain draining blood from the animal for me but anywho, imagine what that scenario could imply on a large scale to humanity.

Unfortunately i have watched enough gore vids as it was a thing i once used to "condition" my mind to get over brutal shit, thank fuck my edgy days are mostly over.

Dimmu Borgir is absolutely amazing. Their stuff is sooo good man

They are like the beatles of hidden sometimes dark symbolism for me. study the song gateways and its pretty clear

Last edited:

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
I assumed that might be the case, just listening to the lyrics looks like reading my creative writing books.
On that topic heres something to ponder. If the animals know what is coming, slaughter, and if they feel fear and react chemically (hormones and like) like we do and that it may somehow transfer that foreknowledge to other animal of the same species, what of those chemicals that remain in the meat? might explain draining blood from the animal for me but anywho, imagine what that scenario could imply on a large scale to humanity.

Unfortunately i have watched enough gore vids as it was a thing i once used to "condition" my mind to get over brutal shit, thank fuck my edgy days are mostly over.

They are like the beatles of hidden sometimes dark symbolism for me. study the song gateways and its pretty clear
Man I love going into depth about what I'm listening to. Like, I've been listening and studying it for long enough to realize how much of an art metal really is. I mean there is some garbage metal out there *cough*Attila*cough* but the stuff like Dimmu Borgir, like it's really made me appreciate so much more in life because I feel like it has given me a greater understanding of what it means to be human. As that's what metal is - pure human emotion. Art in some of it's finest form. I've always thought of it as a form of Anti-Transcendentalism which has led me deeper into some darker literature.

Now I'm going to stop myself right there before I write like a 3 page essay as I just realized what I began typing haha. You get the picture lol.

Billie Rainbow

Silver Member
No need to elaborate on the overview with that single paragraph, If it weren't clear that I share in agreement most of the opinions stated. What a pity an ocean separates us i ponder now and again.

I will state however i do believe that life in it's rawest forms of expression is perfect, art but our occasionally destructive mind chatter from misunderstood/overlooked views, even one might say passively laid opinions from mankind's materialistic views, fogs or distorts that understanding and brings that feeling of separateness from pure expression of life from the depths of refined bullshit we contrive to push and shove our way to the top of the ladder.

Like listening to frankie, I honestly like the channel of expression but what he expresses in subject in newer stuff is in my opinion, refined bullshit helping the young liberal person picture themselves separate from reality in an what appears to me their self hating expression whilst still being above the "animals" that kill and feed off each others hatred .

Devin DePriest

Beef Repellent
Staff member
Bump because I just got back from seeing Rings of Saturn.

My neck hurts.

I can't hear.

Best show I've been to in awhile.