EVERYTHING You Need To Know About SCS, HIC, and ICS! All Questions Answered!

TomGeorge

Steel Member
No. An SCS is not a clamp, it's a compression kit for threadless forks and headset.

How does the Addict ICS10 work - is it just ICS?

instinctscooter

Silver Member
No. An SCS is not a clamp, it's a compression kit for threadless forks and headset.

How does the Addict ICS10 work - is it just ICS?

yes addict is an ics but with a fat bolt and a different starnut. scs is a clamp as it clamps your forks in one side and bars in the other, its an SCS clamp which is different to normal ones

I have some Razor Ultra Bars and I just needed a quick reply as to whether or not the Proto SCS Quad Clamp will fit them? :confused:

you dont need an scs unless you have threadless forks, it would be a waste of money so just stick with the razor clamp

wizza08

Help

HIC compresion kits,will they fit any scooter with oversized bars ect as i have got a nitro but i dunno if i need a certain hic and what hic do you recommend (not too expensive ones thought as i wanna custom my scooter)

Isiahloya

So i have tilt forks and i was wondering if this would work to keep my HIC tighter. I run an ICS bolt up the forks and through a standard top cap, and then i thread a nut on the bolt to tighten my compression.

best clamp on inward scooter

hey i want a good oversised clamp in shop.inward-scooters.com i have a district right now and i hate it and proto half knuckle is to expensive so can u guy suggest anything

Austin Forkner

Steel Member
How tight should I tighten my hic? Like if I hang the wheel over the edge of a quarter pipe or something and spin the bars how many times should they spin?

morgan_bvrns

Steel Member
Weigh the pros and cons. SCS is the strongest of all compressions, albiet the most expensive. ICS is the cheapest, but also the most unreliable and a hassle to tighten/loosen. HIC is reliable, but the slit is still a weak point.

Austin Forkner

Steel Member
Scs is the best but it's easy to strip the bolts out. Hic is the cheapest and most reliable and I've never seen bars brake because of the slit. Don't get scs.

Hey,
i bought a tilt SCS clamp but the top cap compression always comes loose when i ride which causes major headshake and my bars go crooked and everything,
im not sure if i hacve tightened it fully although there shouldnt be as much head shake as there is,
is there any advice you can give me or i was thinking of knocking a star nut in the and use the ussual SCS or would that ruin the forks or something, would you recomend a new scs? because i was thinking of buying a tilt which might help it a bit better

Please HELP!

702_dialed_rider

Silver Member
what scs are you using and if you knock a star nut in those forks god help me i will catch a plane to aus and beat you harder then find that kid that cut apex bars to 15 wide and beat him also just saying ok