EVERYTHING You Need To Know About SCS, HIC, and ICS! All Questions Answered!

I had never seen a Proto ICS with the Compression Cap before, nowadays most forks just have a small hole in the bottom so you don't need the cap.

Aaron 17

i have a ics on my crisp ultima scooter and everytime i tighten the long bolt into the starnut
its to tight and i cant turn or do tailwhips any advice

coggojr

im looking at doing my scooter up would a proto scs compressin system from online fit on ith my 2012 mgp nitro forks and bars?

matr!

Silver Member
im looking at doing my scooter up would a proto scs compressin system from online fit on ith my 2012 mgp nitro forks and bars?

Yes but you'll need to cut the slit off your bars. I think the 2012 had the normal size headtube, otherwise you'll need a headset spacer.

henry rohlfing

Steel Member
guys I got a tilt scs for christmas and my scs didnt come with a top cap or a compression bolt or and I really need it... dos anyone know where I can get one???? please a link

zach poon

Silver Member
guys I got a tilt scs for christmas and my scs didnt come with a top cap or a compression bolt or and I really need it... dos anyone know where I can get one???? please a link
For an addict youll need a slightly smaller compression bolt so i'm using my lucky clamp bolt and it fits perfect and the compression cap is just a washer

ChenYunMu

Hi guys im new to this whole freestyle scooter, I tried to read through before posting nonsence. But I have some questions which im unclear of. And so I have a Team Dogz pro 4 X-gen scooter I know everyone gonna laugh at it. As I bought it as a complete scooter so it came with an oversize 4 bolt scs grenade clamp so i fixed the handlebar in and tighten all the screw but im not sure why after half day of usage i would hear some "loose screw" or "metal vibrating" sound when i ride over slight uneven surface e.g drainage grill. so i thought some screw were loose. I checked through the entire scooter bolts everything seems tight and im suspecting that the sound came from the clamp area which I think it might be the compression bolt so i tightened it again and fixed it back. the next day everything seems ok for about few hours before the sound resurfaced again. can someone help me on this issue instead of just laughing at me. Thanks

emil_rides_street

Steel Member
Hi guys im new to this whole freestyle scooter, I tried to read through before posting nonsence. But I have some questions which im unclear of. And so I have a Team Dogz pro 4 X-gen scooter I know everyone gonna laugh at it. As I bought it as a complete scooter so it came with an oversize 4 bolt scs grenade clamp so i fixed the handlebar in and tighten all the screw but im not sure why after half day of usage i would hear some "loose screw" or "metal vibrating" sound when i ride over slight uneven surface e.g drainage grill. so i thought some screw were loose. I checked through the entire scooter bolts everything seems tight and im suspecting that the sound came from the clamp area which I think it might be the compression bolt so i tightened it again and fixed it back. the next day everything seems ok for about few hours before the sound resurfaced again. can someone help me on this issue instead of just laughing at me. Thanks
I highly reccomend a better scooter. For safety reasons. But that doesn't matter right now.

Anyway. Check your Axles, Clampscrews and the BEARINGS (Headset and Wheels).
Just take it apart and clean the bearings with a tissue or sth like that. Then put some bearing grease on (Just a little)
Build it together and secure your clamp/Scs bolts with some boltglue or whatever it's called (This blue or white stuff you have on screws sometimes. put a little on the threads of the screws put them in, tighten and let it dry. if it still sounds the same it could be your BREAK or your bearings are broken.

Cheers

Last edited:

ChenYunMu

Thanks emil and graydon for the advice. But can i just ask when you say for safety reason hmm is there any tips or sought of danger i should lookout for?

Hcc

Silver Member
So you definitely tightened the bolt that's inside the SCS? to compress your headset? There should be a little bolt and top cap inside that you tighten before you put the bars on and tighten the outside bolts. I highly doubt you'd need to clean your headset if it's brand new. Check your brake and wheel bearings, 99 percent of the time it's one of those two things that cause a scooter to rattle. Sometimes wheel bearings just need to be tapped with a hammer as the bearings stick out of the bearing slot of the wheel slightly making the bearing spacer rattle, just tap the bearing with a hammer and see if that fixes the problem. Check if your brake is loose at all. Make sure your headset is tight enough, if you take your bars out and spin your SCS with your hand it should only spin around about half way and feel pretty tight, it may feel too tight but once you put your bars in the extra leverage makes it feel smoother and looser.

ChenYunMu

Thanks HCC I will try it tonight. saw in some post is it not to tighten the scs or clamp too much if not it will strip. It is a brand new scooter and im a newbie so i haven tried any hardcore tricks with it. it came in a complete set with everything attahed except the handle bar in the box so i did unscrew the wheels to switch the pegs from the left side to the right. There is a bolt in the middle of the scs so i tightened it. there wt be any rattle sound when im on smooth surface only when there are slight uneven surface. But initially even on slight uneven surface i dont hear rattle sound i only hear slight echo from the metal parts probably. But i will dismantle again tonight and check and let you guys know again if i can fix the problem lol

Donny kim

My tilt lt scs will always come loose no matter how hard i tighten it. I think its cuz my scs doesnt fit tight on my fork

James Hoffmann

Bronze member
My tilt lt scs will always come loose no matter how hard i tighten it. I think its cuz my scs doesnt fit tight on my fork
You probably need to put some spacers between the SCS and the headset. Your local bike shop should have some around for a couple dollars.