Fisheyes - read

RyanNew

hello this is the camera im looking to buy its a nice price for it its really clear and i was going to get the opteka baby death fisheye lens for it but now ive seen this im fretting the camera isn't fisheye compatible could you please confirm if it is/isn't.

ogc8jp.jpg

Thanks!

brendank

whats the point of the fisheye?like getting the sun out of the lens?

No. Fisheyes make it so you can be close and get the shots. Idk if youve ever filmed but without a fisheye you have to be further away and cant get as good of angles sometimes cause heads will get cut out or something. it also distorts the spots that arent focused.

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
No. Fisheyes make it so you can be close and get the shots. Idk if youve ever filmed but without a fisheye you have to be further away and cant get as good of angles sometimes cause heads will get cut out or something. it also distorts the spots that arent focused.
Kinda..

A fisheye is like a wide angle lens, but it add barrel distortion to the picture. This allows you to get closer to an object and it pulls objects closer to the shot. The only downside is you might get vignetting, which is those black corners you see in some videos. Vignetting is not good, it doesn't look cool, and it isn't supposed to be there. If you have a full circle of vignetting and you think thats what a fisheye is supposed to do, you need to do some camera research.

brendank

Truee. Yea some kids say they make "homeade" fisheyes and the make something so you see black edges and say they have a fisheye.

Josh Young

Super Moderator
Staff member
ive had them both to, and when you mod the ranox its deff better than the kenko, i kno what im talking about, i dont use thes lens no more cuase i got a babydeath, and i guess it doesnt matter any ways if its goin on some 1chipper

haha well whatever boston says goes. dont fight with cameras about him. you will lose EVERY time.. haha

RyanNew

hello this is the camera im looking to buy its a nice price for it its really clear and i was going to get the opteka baby death fisheye lens for it but now ive seen this im fretting the camera isn't fisheye compatible could you please confirm if it is/isn't.

ogc8jp.jpg

Thanks!

just bringing it over
p.s. im sure it had threads when i looked at it in the shop but it doesn't have a o with a line through it.

RingerFilms

Bronze member
my camera has a 30.5mm thread so what fish eye should i get. i have a samsung sc-mx20 video camera. that might help you

Mario Rocchio

Steel Member
I have a question, I have a hv30, and it has a 43mm lens. I want to get the kenko but in the description it says you can use it with cameras with a 37mm lense or smaller. Does this mean I can't buy a 43 to 37 ring and use the kenko?

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
You can, i dunno how the vignetting would be. Probably will be fine though. I would just save a lil more and get the Opteka 43mm baby death

ridescooters3

Bronze member
The camera I plan on getting has a thread size of 37mm and I plan on getting a 37mm fisheye, but what is the point for larger fisheyes?

I Have a Sony DCR-TRV33 and on the Lense it has the following numbers in this order: 1, 8/3,7-37.

I want to get a kenko but everything is confusing to me. Please help.
Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to Camcorders )=