Fisheyes - read

j-DoGg

Steel Member
i wanna buy a kenko fisheye as a starter fisheye..and i have a panosonic PV-GS150 do i have to buy a stepup ring for it and the o with the line throw it says 37mm

help would be appreciated

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
WILL *insert lens here* FIT MY CAMERA
First find out the lens size (usually 37mm) than you need to find out your cameras thread size. You can do this by looking at the lens of your camera, there should be some text around it. Look for a O with a slash though it, next to that it should say a number usually 37, 30.5, 30 and somtimes in the 20s. When you find that, you need to buy the appropriate step up ring so the lens will fit the camera - so if your camera has a 30mm mount and the lens is 37mm, you need a 30 to 37 stepup ring. You can buy them here - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=420
Seriously, read the sticky. If theres no O with the slash through on the front of your camera lens, feel and see if theres threads to screw the fisheye into. If there isn't, you can't put a fisheye on the camera without ghetto rigging it

edit:it will screw right onto the front of your camera, no rings.

Alex Donaldson

Bronze member
on my camera lense all it says is: Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 1,8/2,3-46. what size is my lense? ive looked online and cant find anything and im looking to buy a fisheye.

Look up your camera model name, or give it to me and ill find it.

great thread, except i dont think the raynox is that bad , glue a spacer/adaptor on the back and its good, plus you can mod it with a sony .7 wide angle and then its pretty wide.

Edit: Damnn Big Bump,oh well.

-Mark Kuhna

I use the opteka full fisheye on a flip mino hd..the video quality is amazing for a flip. I just have a super-glued step-up ring on it

ok, I have a fujifilm finepix s800. it has a 46 mm lense, its f number is 6.3, and it says
1:3.5-3.7 not really sure what that means. are there any fisheyes for 46mm or will I have to get a step up/down ring. I'm thinking about getting a stepdown ring and this lense http://opteka.com/ninja.aspx
is that a good or bad idea? is step down or step up better?