Scooter History Timeline

JDBen

BST Moderator
Staff member
I'm gunna keep on editing it over time, because i don't know about you but i think it's interesting, anyone have anything to add to know when certain companies started up or if i have certain information please say.Really, i'd like to see what Andrew knows, I assume he has alot of knowledge from "back in the day" ;]

???- Razor Scooters are made
???- Rogie Weiss lands the first ever tail-whip, this was before Razor scooters were released to the public.

Taiwanese Mechanical Engineer and owner of JD Corporation, Gino Tsai introduced "Razor" Scooters to the world.
First double tailwhip landed on a scooter was done by Ali Kermani in 2000.But the first landed in competition was by Jason Fry at the first USA Scooter Racing event.
First Fingerwhip landed by Jason Fry.

27th January - The first ever contest was held by USA Scooter Racing, by an old Razor team manager by the name of Pete "Pistol Pete" Loncarevich at the Orange County Fair Grounds.He held two events before he left the contests behind. This was pre Core Tour era.
The second event was also the first ever backflip landed in competition, by Jarret Reid. 03-31-01. Same day, Wyatt Ried followed with a backflip, but Jarret landed his first.

Jarret Reid became the first person to jump the Andy MacDonald "kicker mega ramp". 40 foot roll in, 7 foot tall launch, 35 foot gap. This was long before the mega ramp concept.
???- Jarret Reid Landed both the First Backflip on a Scooter at Cour Tour 2002, winning 1st place for "Best Trick (Boys)", and the first Frontflip on a scooter, which was in Detroit, MI for the biggest international car convention in the states.

???- Jordan Miller Landed the first "Scooter-flip"

???-Brian Boston Lands the first "Bri-flip", naming it after himself
January -"Scooter Resource" (this website) was born.
???- Razor Discontinues the "B Model" Scooter.

Josh Toy landed the first Tail-whip to late Barspin for his NBS3 part
Possibly one of the first Triple Tailwhipson flat was landed by KC Korning.
???- Jordan Bates landed the first ever Forward Bri-flip (???)
Friday 9th December- KC Corning lands the first 900 spin,with a modified new A deck with B model folding mech.

???-Cory Mosbrucker welded the first 3 pairs of "RAD Bars", the first freestyle scooter one piece bars ever made.
???-RVM3 was released
???- The "Razor Pro Model" Scooter was released.

Andrew Broussard put together the very first "Aftermarket" scooter forks ever made, known as "SR" forks.
Micro Xtreme started off, and sold the "Micro Xtreme" Scooters, as well as the "Micro Metalcores", the first Metalcore freestyle scooter wheels made.
"Wee Scooters" starts off, by distributing SR parks to the rest of the world, and of course their very own "Wee Bars", which were the second One Piece bars to be made and sold and have become one of the most popular One Piece freestyle scooter bars in the world.

April- the second SR part to be released, the SR "Buff" Bars.
Sunday 29th July- Terry Price lands the first ever Double (No hander) Backflip, and achieved a Guinness World Record for it.

"French iD" started off, making their own "Muffin" Scooters, and soon after started to make One peice bars and Threadless Forks.
"Proto Scooters" stared off, by selling "SlaYer Bars", and Metalcore wheels.
"Inward Scooters" started off, by selling Forks and Bars
November- Micro Xtreme release the "Micro XT" Scooter, which was under design for 4 years.

Saturday 14th February- Proto Scooters reveal their newest Compression system to the world, the "Brass Knuckle SCS", also known as the "Standard Compression System".
Saturday 11th April- The 7th Annual CooterCon Scooter Competition took place in Renton, Washington.
Saturday 16th May- "DoggScooters" started up by selling Madd/Blade Brakes, and became the first EagleSport supplier in the UK.
Saturday 11th July- The 4th annual Xtreme Wheels Scooter Competition took place in Buffalo, New York.
Tuesday 14th July- the Brooklyn Banks Jam took place in Brooklyn, New York
Monday 3rd August- This Thread was made (lol)

First Landers:

Tailwhip- Rogie Weiss
Double Tailwhip (on flat)-
Triple Tailwhip (flat)- KC Corning
Triple Tailwhip Half-Cab (on flat)- AJ Storcella
Quadruple Tailwhip (on flat) - Rayan Simian
Backflip (fly-out)- Jarret Reid
Backflip (off kicker)- Jarret Reid (1st) Brandon Kilbury (2nd), Jesse Macaluso (3nd, 1ft kicker), Sean Turner (4th, 30cm kicker).
Backflip No-Hander- Jarret Reid
Double Backflip- Jarret Reid (1st), Terry Price (2nd-Resi, Corby Skatepark), Dakota Schuetz (3rd- Resi, Woodward West Skatepark)
Double Backflip No-Hander - Terry Price (Resi, Corby Skatepark)
Frontflip (fly-out)- Jarret Reid
Frontflip (on flat)- John Radtke (1st, with a matress), Sean Turner (2nd, with a matress)
Frontflip (off kicker)- Ethan Hong (3ft Kicker), Brandon Kilbury
Flair- Terry Price
Flair (on bank)- Brian Murphy
360 Backflip- John Radtke
Bri-flip (fly-out)- Brian Boston (Trick Inventor)
Bri-flip (on flat)-
Bri-flip (flat, on Fuzion Scooter)- Keith Zadig
Bri-flip Half-Cab (flat, on Fuzion Scooter)- Keith Zadig
Double Bri-flip (fly-out)- Coedie Donovan
360 Bri-flip (on flat)- Timur Mamatov
360 Bri-flip (flat, on Fuzion Scooter)- Keith Zadig
720 (fly-out)-
720 (on flat)- Matt McKeen
900- KC Corning
1080- Tyler Bonner (1st), Dakota Schuetz (2nd)

sax

Steel Member
i didnt know that brian boston landed the first briflip. huh, it does make sense, though.

Steven_T

Soooo much of this is false info....good try though...With the correct info..and someone else doing it. This could be interesting.

JDBen

BST Moderator
Staff member
ok I just heard that from someone in the "Old Skool thread" talking about CSC and stuff

as long as you're sure then josh

EDIT: c'mon dude you're on razor, you could know shit loads of stuff, spill :)

JDBen

BST Moderator
Staff member
stop critisising what i've "started", see i haven't "finished" you idiot

this is just one person trying to piece it together, how about help? you lazy fucking arsehole

mods have the power to edit it themselves too

brandon kilbury

Super Moderator
ehh I'm not 100% sure but I always thought I did the first front bri, I did put out the first video of one and I had never heard of anyone trying them before I did.. just saying

and I think this thread is a good idea as long as the mods get in here and check over/edit/add to it.

and to dom, THIS SR probably started then, but there were more before it, Andrew shut one down then one crashed or something I'm not sure. The first one was pretty cool though, it was like a list of riders with their bios, anyone could add to it.

Here a little bit more info for you
Capron funk was the first to land a 6whip in 09
Cody speake was the first to land a back scooterflip in 02(not sure on the year)
Addison mcnaughton was the first to jump/trick down wallenberg
John Radtke was the first to land a 360backflip
Tyler Bonner first to land the 1080
Thats all i can think of on the top of my head..good luck with the thread.

JDBen

BST Moderator
Staff member
thanks alot, i just need dates or at least what year it is or else i can't really put them anywhere

Andrew could help he must know loads!

JDBen

BST Moderator
Staff member
Nick Donatelli said:
Here a little bit more info for you
Capron funk was the first to land a 6whip in 09
Cody speake was the first to land a back scooterflip in 02(not sure on the year)
Addison mcnaughton was the first to jump/trick down wallenberg
John Radtke was the first to land a 360backflip
Tyler Bonner first to land the 1080
Thats all i can think of on the top of my head..good luck with the thread.

JoshToy said:
JDBen said:
you're an admin, help do it

and what is false?
Jordan Miller landed the first scooter flip, back in like 2002, haha. He was so ahead of his time...