Scooter History Timeline

Josh N.

Josh N
stop complaining guys and just help. he didnt post it thinking it was all right hes posting it cause he wants help so stop being dicksss

JDBen

BST Moderator
Staff member
I've only started it off, this could take a while to piece it together and they'll be information from pros that could be useful

dezbert

Steel Member
I'm pretty sure that Casey Murphy landed the first finger whip, but idk for sure. Wait till Brian Boston comes in here.......

Zaηe

Keepin' Peace
Staff member
haha,
wb seasoned? look up when they started ben.
ive made up 3 NEW flip tricks.

Brian Boston

I got myself banned.
2002- Silas Henderson was god.

DANNN P. said:
I'm pretty sure that Casey Murphy landed the first finger whip, but idk for sure. Wait till Brian Boston comes in here.......
Whattt? Josh Toy was doing fingerwhips flat when i was just learning doubles flat.

JDBen said:
KC Mini 2 i think, if you can find it and its release date.

JoshToy

DANNN P. said:
Nope. Jason Fry back in 2000.

JDBen said:
ok I just heard that from someone in the "Old Skool thread" talking about CSC and stuff

as long as you're sure then josh

EDIT: c'mon dude you're on razor, you could know shit loads of stuff, spill :)
Not to brag or boast, but in early 2002 I landed the first whips and bars into manual, same day was doing those into and comboing whips and bars out. This was when nobody was doing any tricks into manual, only out of.
Also in 2004, I landed the first tailwhip to late barspin for my NBS3 part.

The first ever contest was held by USA Scooter Racing on 01-27-2001. By an old Razor team manager by the name of Pete "Pistol Pete" Loncarevich at the Orange County Fair Grounds. He held two events before he left the contests behind. This was pre Core Tour era.
The second event was also the first ever backflip landed in competition, by Jarret Reid. 03-31-01. Same day, Wyatt Ried followed with a backflip, but Jarret landed his first.

First person to jump the Andy MacDonald "kicker mega ramp" was Jarret Reid. 40 foot roll in, 7 foot tall launch, 35 foot gap. This was long before the mega ramp concept. Back in 2002.

First double tailwhip landed on a scooter was done by Ali Kermani in 2000.
But the first landed in competition was by Jason Fry at the first USA Scooter Racing event.

I will post more later, but that will get you started.

JoshToy

Came acrossed these, pretty interesting to see where scootering was, and where it is now... Can you believe that a no footer was a big trick over a foot long gap?! hahaha
Then within two months it went from no footers to fingerwhips, 360's, backflips and double tailwhips.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/razorpros/pics1.jpg
In photos:
Pic 1: Pete and the owner of SI Scooterwerks
Pic 2: Unknown, tailwhip
Pic 3: Josh Toy, long jump
Pic 4: Douglas Kalagian, no footed deck grab
Pic 5: Unknown, high jump
Pic 6: Josh Toy, x up
Pic 7: Brandon McGuckin, one footed can
Pic 8: Josh Toy, double tailwhip
Pic 9: Jason Fry, chairmen
Pic 10: Unknown, no footer to indian air
Pic 11: Dereck Beckering, no footer one hander
Pic 12: Scott MacCormick, no footed deck grab

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/razorpros/pics2.jpg
Pic 1: Unknown, no footed deck grab
Pic 2: Dereck Beckering, no footer gap to flat
Pic 3: Lamora Lyons, long jump
Pic 4: Unknown, double tailwhip
Pic 5: Jarret Reid, backflip
Pic 6: Nathan Reid, no footed x up
Pic 7: Wyatt Reid, backflip
Pic 8: Unknown, high jump
Pic 9: Jarret Ried, wall tap
Pic 10: Unknown, long jump
Pic 11: Josh Toy, high jump
Pic 12: Josh Toy, Nothing
Pic 13: Scott MacCormick, long jump
Pic 14: Scott MacCormick, double tailwhip
Pic 15: Mark Atkins, long jump
Pic 16: Unknown, high jump

I have the results also, I'll probably post those just for the competition results thread.

Kc Corning

Bronze member
December 2004 not 5. I landed the 900 from quarter to bank with a modified new A deck w/ B foldy. I also landed a triple tail whip on flat in spring 2004.