What's so bad about flyout?

Dom Marconi

Silver Member
Flyout isn't bad, it's just the people who act like they can triple flat just because they can triple flyout is what makes it bad.
AKA just because Ryan Williams did a frontflip front bri flyout doesn't make it bad. It's a sick fucking trick, flyout or not.

evanlikescooter

Bronze member
nothing is wrong with learning tricks flyout just everyone on this site think they are elitist and like to find any reason to hate on another persons riding.

If you have fun riding fly out then go ride fly out, ride for fun instead of worrying about how everyone thinks of you.

Jake D

Bronze member
there's nothing wrong with it untill you act like it counts. It's just like using heels for grinding. Heels and flyout for learning, not for filming.

in other words, if you can do it flyout, you can probably do it off a bank or set or flybox and etc. if you tried harder

Travis House

Wu-Tang Master
Staff member
I don't like flyout cause it puts everyone else in the park at risk. I'm serious, If it has coping use it like it's supposed to be used. Not to mention it's kind of a faux pas for filming a video. You become a proformer of tricks and nothing more. No style or creativity, just a trick. Unless you're R Willy cause he is a killa.

Watching kids attempt flyout 360 bri-whips and cracking some passer by in the dome is something that happens far too often here.

My advice is to build a kicker or something to learn tricks on.

parrish

Administrator
Staff member
Its just that you aren't really riding the park. Its a style thing, and a difficulty thing. You don't have to learn how to land into something. In my opinion, flyout is just as bad as landing low in quarterpipes. Its the Idea of going as fast as you can and throwing your scooter around as many times as possible and just focusing on the trick that is where it lacks it's value.

matr!

Silver Member
It rapes your parts. Its kind of like them kids that sit in a corner and go 20-2 in cod, they think that they are really good but in reality they're Doing it in a way that they can't loose. Fly out is fine for messing around or getting a certain motion nailed, just don't whore I all day.

Kyle

Troll Moderator
Staff member
I don't really care how people ride. If someone wants to ride Flyout all day then go ahead. Street elitists need to stop complaining about everything.

Tom Cirbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flyout doesn't require any skill. Its what the kids in my area do to make it seem like they are good. Its not a coincidence that skateboarders and BMX riders hate it too. Its just dumb in general.

Riding flyout is like a parkour dude who only does flips on a trampoline.

Travis House

Wu-Tang Master
Staff member
Why do you guys ALWAYS turn this into some sort of "Street Elitist" shit?

Seriously, that doesn't exist. Ask any one of your favorite "street elitist" riders, park is fucking awesome. We are not at war here kids, chill out.

Some people on here really love street, riding street and watching street and some love park, riding park and watching park. We've been able to coexist until the community started taking things too seriously.

Plus, this thread is about flyout, please stop contributing to the disgusting shitstorm SR has turned into over the summer.

CallumR

Steel Member
Flyout is acceptable to learn to tricks, but don't put it in a video, if you can get it flyout you can get it over a hip or something, even an elevator is better

melvin

melvin
I don't really care how people ride. If someone wants to ride Flyout all day then go ahead. Street elitists need to stop complaining about everything.

There is no such thing as 'street elitists'. And flyout isn't bad, its a good way to learn new tricks. But the thing is, flyout is easier than flat or tranny. It's when kids start filming an whole edit of flyout and it's when they get big heads over flyout tricks make it somewhat stupid.

Austin Forkner

Steel Member
I don't really ride that much quarterpipes but I ride a lot of hips and boxes. I don't really try to go huge and do the next best trick I just have fun and just be smooth when I ride.